Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM
TheLazyC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps

I was wondering what others think about the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps? I have put right at 1000 miles on my 2014 Limited and everybody that is riding in my group in front of me say I don't have my lights on. HD is making a big deal about riding at night with the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps but do not mention day time riding.

I ride day and night and I am more concerned with the crazy people seeing me in the day light with my lights. Are the folks in my riding groups blind? When I get off and look at the lights, I see them but have not seen nor met any other 2014 bikes to see how they look when you are approaching.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Ridingon2
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Headlight

Check your headlight alignment. I read on here (I think) that the headlights are pointed to low when they leave the factory.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM
porschedog
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed a Daymaker about a month ago

It's amazing;a great upgrade day or night (especially at night)

Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Ive tried HID, been using the truck light phase 7 but got sick of how the headlight sticks out so far. So I just bought and installed the daymaker set, when I adjusted I did it during the day by raising the beam until I could see it while standing down the road in front of it. I took it for a ride at night as well and know it is a little high but had no one flash saying that it was blinding them so that's were I'll keep them. I hate the price, but believe they look better all around. As far as performance I think the truck light headlight only was better than this daymaker but with the highway lights on they are almost the same.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:40 PM
LARIs7x
Advanced

I dont ride as much as most of you guys do mostly due to work and time in general but just picked up one of these off a member here and cant wait to get it. Have heard nothing but good things about these lights and hope the hype is gonna be worth it.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:46 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior

I got them and Love em. With that said my buddy has a 14 with them and I noticed his are not as visible as mine during the day. However I have the blacked out style. His are chrome

Old 03-09-2014, 11:53 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLazyC
I have put right at 1000 miles on my 2014 Limited and everybody that is riding in my group in front of me say I don't have my lights on.

Are the folks in my riding groups blind?
Now this is just a guess, but I suspect what's happening is that the daymakers are much closer to natural sunlight than regular lights. So in the daytime people looking at the bike have a harder time seeing the daymakers compared to a standard, more yellow, headlight. Unless of course, they are staring right into them. This of course translates to a much brighter light at night, but yeah, I have gotten the same kind of comments when I had my HID on my Fat Boy. Now, that's just my theory and cant prove a thing scientifically, but its what I "think" is happening.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 AM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Install the harness part that keeps the spots on with the high beam and use the high beam during the day. The LED is hard to see during the day unless you are directly in front of it.

If you decide you hate them, I'd be glad to trade you my standard bulb.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLazyC
I was wondering what others think about the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps? I have put right at 1000 miles on my 2014 Limited and everybody that is riding in my group in front of me say I don't have my lights on. HD is making a big deal about riding at night with the Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps but do not mention day time riding.

I ride day and night and I am more concerned with the crazy people seeing me in the day light with my lights. Are the folks in my riding groups blind? When I get off and look at the lights, I see them but have not seen nor met any other 2014 bikes to see how they look when you are approaching.
Unbelievably overpriced!!! Take $200 and go and buy you some lifetime warranty LED bulbs and use the other money saved to take a vacation.

Quick Reply: Daymaker™ LED Headlights and LED Fog Lamps