Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   ebay mufflers (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/958903-ebay-mufflers.html)

harleyjth 04-18-2014 11:00 AM

ebay mufflers

Has anyone tried these mufflers from American Classic Motors on ebay? Wondering how they sound. They look good in the pictures and might be a good lower priced alternative muffler. I'm looking for a muffler with just a little more sound than the stockers on my 14 Ultra.
jt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141248197319...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

rooti 04-18-2014 11:04 AM

I won't ever buy anything from ACM, once is enough. They sent me the wrong A/C, I got a return authorization number to return it. They got the part back and told me they wouldn't give me a refund until I posted positive feedback on E-bay. I had to file a claim through paypal before I got refunded.

ncracer86 04-18-2014 11:05 AM

Have not tried them. I have tried cheaper mufflers on my previous bike, and realized you get what you pay for. But these might be different, ya never know.

Notgrownup 04-18-2014 11:23 AM

They are probably a bit louder than what you want... I have a set on my 07 now and i am swapping them out for a set of screaming eagle touring myfflers...I will have them for sale when i get my bike back from the dealer in about 2 weeks...They are a bit too loud for my decrepit ears...I will have a sound bite when i get the bike back. They sound good but just a bit too loud for me.

harleyjth 04-18-2014 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Notgrownup (Post 12606608)
They are probably a bit louder than what you want... I have a set on my 07 now and i am swapping them out for a set of screaming eagle touring myfflers...I will have them for sale when i get my bike back from the dealer in about 2 weeks...They are a bit too loud for my decrepit ears...I will have a sound bite when i get the bike back. They sound good but just a bit too loud for me.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I was thinking they might be louder than what I wanted. I may get a set of the 4" street cannons or the 3.5" SE mufflers. A friend has the 3.5" and they sound very good. On the other hand, the stock mufflers really don't sound that bad, I may just leave them.
jt

skratch 04-18-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by rooti (Post 12606505)
I won't ever buy anything from ACM, once is enough. They sent me the wrong A/C, I got a return authorization number to return it. They got the part back and told me they wouldn't give me a refund until I posted positive feedback on E-bay. I had to file a claim through paypal before I got refunded.

i won't even give them once. i know too many folks who have been burned by this co. before ebay changed their feedback policy, it was a hoot to go through toohaus and just read the feedback they left for people. terrorist, mental midget, etc....

bikerlaw 04-18-2014 12:15 PM

American Classic Motors sells nothing but junk. The best you can ever hope to get from them is a factory second. And that's ONLY if they have some brand name part. Otherwise, you will get some garbage knockoff. Blemished or outright peeling chrome, miss-fitting parts, or the wrong part. Search them on this forum. Countless horror stories. I gave them endless chances. They screwed me way to many times.

davey019 04-18-2014 10:55 PM

Just spend the money in a brand name set of mufflers

tcatman02 04-18-2014 11:13 PM

but...."massive performance gains"......LOL

Hausguy 04-19-2014 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by harleyjth (Post 12606797)
I may get a set of the 4" street cannons or the 3.5" SE mufflers. A friend has the 3.5" and they sound very good. On the other hand, the stock mufflers really don't sound that bad, I may just leave them.
jt

You may also want to think about either removing the catalytic converter or buying a new head pipe. I went with the Jackpot 2/1/2 ceramic coated and kept the stock mufflers. Sounds great and removes some of the heat.