Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Street Glide owner questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,246 Likes on 6,006 Posts
Default New Street Glide owner questions....

New to Street Glides, but not to riding. i'm an old fart, been riding since I was 16 back in 1967.... finally bought a Street Glide. It is 2013 with 6500 miles, V&H, SE heavy breather, some tuning and about 85hp. I'm 5'7" and just sit flat footed on the bike. I have questions regarding seats/lowering. I have seen a lot of comments on this site, most are pretty good. But I haven't seen much with regard to using a lowering kit to lower the bike an inch. I used one on my Sporty and never had any issues. Would the same hold true with this? Seems the seats either don't really lower you much or place you too far forward. I seem to stretch a bit grabbing the bars, but a drivers back rest and a more relaxed posture has helped a bit. I would just like to be a bit more flat footed and would like to have the bars back a touch. What are y'all thoughts?
Next question.... thinking there is too much noise going on behind me.... so either bag liner or bag liners are a thought. Who has experience with either? Do you like the felt/carpet liners that fit in the bag? Or would I be better off getting the removable bag for it?? My only thought with the removable bag is that if I leave it in the bag for daily riding, I may wear it out prematurely if I wanted to use it for a travel bag. Your thoughts on this?
I have more questions....they'll come a bit down the road....right now just trying to do a couple things to make this mine!!

Old 04-28-2014, 01:15 PM
RottnRam
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are lowing options for the Street Glide from 1-3 inches. From what I have found you want to just drop it 1" especially if you have a passenger. I have not done it to my bike but, have been considering it. There are options on kits ranging from $30.00 - $100.00. Pick your flavor and how deep is your pockets? I am probably going to look at not only changing the front but, also get some work done to the front at the same time.