Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner vs C&C SportTour

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sundowner vs C&C SportTour

I'm assuming the Sundowner is quit an improvement over the stock SG seat for both the passenger and driver. Anyone use both of these seats that could comment on the comfort and position of each? Also how does the position of the Sundowner compare to the stock SG seat? Looks like it sets you up about an inch but what about front to back? About the same as the stock seat? Thanks for the info!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Woody77
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a C&C sport tour on my SG. It was pretty comfortable. It will move down about 1" and back about 1". Tne passenger pilon is about 2" wider than stock. The C&C seat was also very well made.

Last edited by Woody77; 05-18-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:06 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
I'm assuming the Sundowner is quit an improvement over the stock SG seat for both the passenger and driver. Anyone use both of these seats that could comment on the comfort and position of each? Also how does the position of the Sundowner compare to the stock SG seat? Looks like it sets you up about an inch but what about front to back? About the same as the stock seat? Thanks for the info!

I have both.

sundowner is for sure better then stock two up saddle. Wider near the tank, wider in the rear. Nice soft foam but will wear out after a couple of years. Lots of Cush for the tush. One of the nicest HD seats for the money. Does push you up 1 inch and has pretty good riders back support. Get the riders backrest and you will have a very nice set up. HOWEVER, looks like chit (to me) when you use this saddle without a tourpak.

C&C Sports Touring is made with a harder memory foam. Takes some time to break in. Depending on which one you get, can push you back and down about 1". More narrow in the nose, middle and rear. Get the riders back rest and you will be set. This seat is much more heavier then the Sundowner. Looks great without a tourpak, and fine with one. Not as popular seeing this saddle on a harley like the Sundowner.

I prefer my Sports touring over my Sundowner, but that's just me.

I'm sure more will chime in. Hope that helps.

YB

Old 05-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

Thanks Yellow! At this point I don't care about the looks as much as the comfort. 90% of my riding is done in 200 mile trips or more at a time. If we leave the house on the weekend it's going to be around a 300 mile trip and I'm done with the stock seat for those! I'll just run the passengers backrest on the bike all the time to try and balance the larger seat out and when I have an extra 1k I'll get the tour pak. So for 8hr trips or longer which seat do you think would be more comfortable for the driver?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:31 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

FOR ME, I would pick the C&C saddle over my Sundowner.

Sundowners are nice and cushy, but when touring or riding for a long time, the soft foam stops working for me and my pressure points on my tail starts to hurt.

Because my Sports Touring saddle is broken in, I can use this for both solo and when the wife rides with me on long or short rides. However I prefer my C&C Solo the most.

You can always fine a pre owned Sundowner saddle for sale in the parts section. In fact there is one for sale right now on there! Used pre-owned Sports Touring saddles don't last long when for sale.

Good luck bro!

YB

Old 05-18-2014, 09:04 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm not a fan of C&C due to issues I had with Chuck. I will say that they make an incredibly comfortable seat though. I've had one on the Night Train in my signature picture for 6 years, and it looks and feels as good as it did when it was new.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I don't see a solo sport touring seat with a backrest in the C&C lineup, in fact I only see two sport touring options and they both have a passenger seat combo? Am I looking in the wrong place or should I be perusing elsewhere?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Webo
Road Warrior

Tucci - You are correct. The SportTour seat is a two up only seat. Yellow was saying that he has both the SportTour seat and a solo seat from C&C and prefers the solo if given the option.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:39 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Webo
Tucci - You are correct. The SportTour seat is a two up only seat. Yellow was saying that he has both the SportTour seat and a solo seat from C&C and prefers the solo if given the option.

Yeah what "Webo" said.

YB

Old 05-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

My experience with the Sundowner is a little difference.

I found the stock seat to be just about as comfy for me as the Sundowner, which pushed me a bit forward, and more into the tank. This had the benefit to the passenger of giving her not only a much more comfortable ride, but also a little more room.

On most every ride, even with the Sundowner, both of us would get a jaring impact that would go right up our spines. While I was looking for a better suspension, I tried out a Hammock seat, and was the solution for us. Can now ride all day in comfort, and am not scrunched up against the tank.

Like you, I was also eyeballing a tour pack to carry her additional stuff, and ended up ordering a $99 Mutazu DMY touring pack. I think it looks better that the Harley, as it is 1/3 smaller and still carries enough. Was going to use it for just a year, and then get the HD, but now I kind of like it.

I like to use my riders back rest on longer trips, so did not consider the Sports Tourer seat. She likes to be able to hang on to my back rest when in the twisties.

Quick Reply: Sundowner vs C&C SportTour