Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 AM
DarkMatter
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.

I bought this online, probly a knee jerk reaction as I didnt do to much research. I want a dragonfly fairing and know a little bit about them but the seller didnt have a model #.

Will this work on my road king? Anyone know what it is? When I look at the pics Im noticing the mounting hardware doesn't look similar to whats on my Road King Classic.

Any feedback would be great, esp if someone has this type of fairing on there Road king and what they think. This is how the seller listed the dragonfly and pics are below:

Dragonfly Gold Motorcycle Fairing With Audio System 17x22x38.5"*
Manufacturer: Dragonfly
Model: Unknown
Description: Gold Motorcycle Fairing With Audio System
Packaging Condition Details: Slightly Distressed
Finish is cracking on the corners of fairing behind the speakers, bolt is missing - see pictures

Gold Motorcycle Fairing With Audio System

Dimensions: 17x22x38.5"

Mounting Dimensions" 7x13.25"

This is all the information found on this product.

**This item is not eligible for combined shipping.
Includes:
Gold Motorcycle Fairing With Audio System

Item Condition:
New other (see details)

Attached Thumbnails Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.-df1.jpg   Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.-df2.jpg   Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.-df3.jpg   Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.-df4.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Based on paint it came off 03 Screaming Eagle Road King. It'll fit your bike. There are only 2 mounting plates Road King or Heritage/Fatboy softail. I use to have one on Fatboy I liked it as it houses 6x9 Speakers with amp it'll rock. Shoot me your email address and I can send you pdf of mounting instructions. Alan

Old 05-27-2014, 11:33 AM
DarkMatter
Tourer
Default dragonfly

Your right it def is off a screaming eagle road king, What threw me off the hardware mount. Looks different than the mount for my shield, The top inserts look skinnier.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM
evil451
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice grab.. I almost bid on that too...

Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM
DarkMatter
Tourer
Default hope

Thanks! Ive wanted one for awhile but I always read the company can be shady and takes a long time to get the product but I love what they do make so I saw an opportunity to grab a used one and make it my own.

Still looking for someone who has this model. With this ipod adapter radio was it made to be used with hand controls? What I bought didn't include hand controls and also looks like no shield.

I would order a shield now but im unsure what height to get. I'm only 5'9 maybe so I was thinking a 6 inch shield would work.

Im new to Portland OR- moved from NY/NJ area. If anyone know a painter in my new area please chime in as well!

Old 05-27-2014, 12:58 PM
evil451
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because you have the fairing, mount it on your bike, then you will have a good idea what size windsheild to order.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I just helped put one on my buddys RK. That's the mounts. It is supposed to come with 2 sets of 2 "metal washers" that sandwich the top mount on each side. You can use the rubber stock ones, but then it can be easily removed and stolen. They also sell a special bolt and Key tool that secures those top bolts better. it's 40 bucks I think.
He is having a real bad time with fm reception though. We tried a few antennas, but none seem to work well with that radio

Old 05-27-2014, 04:03 PM
DarkMatter
Tourer
Default df

Thank you for the reply. Can i buy these washers somewhere else online? If not I will go with the $40 lock .

As far as the radio goes Im ok with running my music on my phone. I also have sirius on my phone so I'm hoping I can run it off my phone and thru the system.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkMatter
Thank you for the reply. Can i buy these washers somewhere else online? If not I will go with the $40 lock .

As far as the radio goes Im ok with running my music on my phone. I also have sirius on my phone so I'm hoping I can run it off my phone and thru the system.
Honestly they were just flat washers about the size of a quarter that fit the top bolt (I think its like a 1/4 20 bolt). Nothing fancy, it just made it more secure so you couldn't just pull it back and up and walk away with it.
If I'm not mistaken, the lock is just a Bolt with a special key tool so you would still need the washers. Id remove the top bold and go to Home Depo and get 4 quarter size washers that fit it.

Smitty

Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I used some tamper resistant security screws for top mount points when had my DF.

Quick Reply: Dragonfly Help, please chime in for assistance.