Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top tier upgrade components for Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
jake318
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top tier upgrade components for Harleys

I have all different brands of motorcycles and i upgrade them all in suspension ,braking and tuning (dam tree huggers)
One thing that I noticed is that especially in the US Harley aftermarket components are not equal in quality and quantity of sportbikes. Example : there are dozens of companies that sell adjustable brake/clutch levers for sportbikes. Do harley owners all have the same size hands ? Oberon sells quality adjustable levers for Harleys look great check them out . BUT More importantly I found a company that sells top tier braking components for harleys that are as good as any you find on the best sportbikes . ( and the prices are good also)
http://www.discacciati.net they carry full floating front &rear rotors for all harleys even baggers . If i recall correctly they carry other harley stuff also . they are from italy but being a family company it took only 10 days for the parts to be at my door . they emailed me personally to make sure everything went well even after the sale . BTW there products are custom made and you can get different color carriers for your rotors ( the inside of the brake rotor) to match your bikes paint . Discaccati also is in World Superbike racing and there team won the 600cc title (park n go main sponsor) Who says Harleys cant have good brakes and suspensions ? is there some unwritten rule that says a harley has to ride like a buick and stop like a mack truck? If someone tells you good handling has to ride hard as a brick thats not the case anymore . The new suspensions make your bike handle better and still have comfort . Bitubo , ohlins , Mupo, progressive and Nitron( uk company same quality as Ohlins at 1/2 the price http://www.nitron.co.uk) make suspensions for harleys and it practically transforms your 2002 ect bike into a ...better than new machine..ask anyone who has installed Progressive fork cartridges they will tell you its the best 300$-350$ they ever spent. last but not least steering dampers, no not for racing for wind . We all have passed a tractor trailer and as your just about to clear his front end you get blasted by a gust of air/wind from his draft. the steering damper doest stop the wind LOL but it does hold your bike solid in its tire tracks , no weave ect .R&I sells a steering damper for harleys for 100$(get the fork cartridges first though as stock forks as SO soft you can ding fender hitting 4 inch over filled potholes at 80mph.I live in PA=lousey roads)
BTW..IM NOT SELLING ANYTHING , I JUST LIKE HELPING OTHER HARLEY RIDERS. The best upgrade IMHO is the Progessive fork cartridges. They are only 300$ and you feel like you have a new bike.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM
redrub
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No speaky italiano

Old 12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're not gonna make a touring bike ever handle like a crotch rocket, I love eveything about my bike. I've changed all the suspension have a built motor upgraded brakes and have shaved 70 lbs off of her, but she ain't something I would take to the road course. And there's plenty of badass US made parts available, just look at my bike!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the link for R&I steering dampener?

Which Nitron shocks work on a 2011 roadking?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by redrub
No speaky italiano
I'm sure you can read pictures as well as the rest of us!

Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

That Nitron site doesn't even sells shocks for Harley-Davidsons. Sheesh.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
That Nitron site doesn't even sells shocks for Harley-Davidsons. Sheesh.
They make shocks for prototypes to race bikes and I guess they can make them for Harleys as well.

As for top tier components for our touring bikes, take a look at some of the goodies HDF sponsor Motorcycle Metal offer, including custom built shocks, front forks, carbon fibre wheels and brake rotors.....

Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

No grazie, mi attengo a americano.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Racing and ultra high performance motorcycles have different needs than for Harley touring bikes.

You need different component upgrades for outfitting a bike for the track than for cruising the streets and highways.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 PM
HarleyMan1414
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought 'd see if we can get an answer this time. What is the link for R&I steering damper?

Quick Reply: Top tier upgrade components for Harleys