Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal a blink fast after 5 blinks

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:12 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Turn Signal a blink fast after 5 blinks

Here is the scenario. Had a trailer hooked up for a couple of days while on a trip. Everything worked fine. All lights worked as they should. Now once the trailer is unhooked the turn signals start this fast blink after a few regular blinks. Any ideas why and how to get them to blink normal and not fast. All bulbs are working, it is acting as you have a light out but I don't.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine will do that from time to time because of moisture and corrosion due to washing, Just means one turn signal is not working, just clean contacts and grease..

Old 07-27-2014, 07:30 AM
chopswalton
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have friend just ask me if I ever had this same problem when Unhooked my trailer in the pass. I have a load protector in line on trailer harness so I don't. I understand when you unhook your trailer it telling you bike it has a bad bulb. I read the service manual for an 08 says turn ignition off and then on turn on left signal for four or more flashes then do the same for the right should clear code. I don't know if that will take care of the problem but give it a try.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 PM
jimartina
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bad front bulb that was working, but was causing fast flash. I could see that the element was not in new condition anymore. so i changed and they started working properly.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by chopswalton
I have friend just ask me if I ever had this same problem when Unhooked my trailer in the pass. I have a load protector in line on trailer harness so I don't. I understand when you unhook your trailer it telling you bike it has a bad bulb. I read the service manual for an 08 says turn ignition off and then on turn on left signal for four or more flashes then do the same for the right should clear code. I don't know if that will take care of the problem but give it a try.
Thanks, this worked.