Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   harley daymakers and Kutter HD any good? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/991535-harley-daymakers-and-kutter-hd-any-good.html)

steveh326 08-13-2014 02:42 PM

harley daymakers and Kutter HD any good?

2 questions...

1) looking to upgrade the headlights on my roadglide to LEDs. The only option for the roadglide seems to be harley's daymaker setup. I like the looks, just wondering if they perform well? they are pretty pricey if they aren't any better than the Silverstar Ultras I have ran for years. my issue is I put a couple other LEDs on the front of my bike and the color difference in the white lights is driving me nuts.

2) if I end up getting the daymakers, the best price I have found for them is at a place called Kutter HD. I've never heard of them or dealt with them, does anyone know if they are reputable? I assume they are fine to deal with but you never know.

yokdriver 08-13-2014 02:43 PM

Ive seen the day makers on RG and SG they do make a real difference but if you dont want to spend that money you can always just throw in some HID's

groupw 08-13-2014 02:48 PM

........ check w/ Jon @ Horney Toad HD
..... free shipping, great service, as good'a pricing as any
........ got mine there, love'm :icon_headbang:

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps70d33345.jpg

Dilligafhawgrydr 08-13-2014 02:50 PM

Sorry I can't give you any opinions on the Daymakers, but I have dealt with Kutter HD on several occasions without any problems. Good luck with your upgrade.

ki7hy 08-13-2014 02:53 PM

Kutter is slow but they don't try to hide that fact either. Good prices and I always get my stuff.

TheGrandPoohBah 08-13-2014 02:55 PM

Kutter is the real deal, that's where I shop. Free ship over $99, good turn a round.
Anthony is great to work with, give Him a call...

bigskyroadglide 08-13-2014 02:57 PM

daymakers and kutter

Have the daymakers in my road glide. They make a world of difference. Get em. Much brighter than anything ive seen or used before including the silver stars

Kutter good outfit, but slow

shooter5074 08-13-2014 03:02 PM

I'm about 120 miles from Kutter, so I rode up there and bought my Daymakers in person. They honored the online price, so I rode home with them strapped to the passenger seat.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps9e30a277.jpg

Hecklerboy 08-13-2014 03:04 PM

Don't know about the Daymakers, but Kutter is great.
Easy to deal with and they communicate very well.
Free shipping over $99.
Yes they are slow but not too bad.
Expect 3-5 days to process the order.
Usually takes about a week to get your parts.

denalion22 08-13-2014 03:24 PM

the best online shop around... i bought mine from anthony who runs cutter online

Hicksjay 08-13-2014 03:25 PM

I ordered mine last night from them so good to see they are okay. so much cheaper than everywhere else...

EricD10563 08-13-2014 03:36 PM

I like Kutter, used to use other online places but now I use Kutter's. I think they have as good and sometimes better prices than other places and the turn around seems quicker.

Keithhu 08-13-2014 03:43 PM

Kutters is great, and Daymakers cant be beat. I love mine, the difference vs stock is freakin amazing. You could probably get a similar setup for less money by going with Truck Lite, others will chime in on the details of that, and what to order.

hd_rolling 08-13-2014 03:47 PM

I use Kutter pretty often when I don't need something right away, your safe to order from them.

nytryder 08-13-2014 04:05 PM

Get the Daymakers, you won't be sorry.

nemick 08-13-2014 04:07 PM

Kutter is the online store I use. Never had a problem and their delivery estimates have always been accurate.

09 YELLOWBIRD 08-13-2014 04:16 PM

ONE OF THE BEST MODS, THAT ONE CAN DO!!!

Don't forget the CD Dymanic Ringz either.

:icon_banana:

YB

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/...ps535ff3a6.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3816e494.jpg

SeaZund 08-13-2014 04:20 PM

thumbs up for Kutter from me, too

slapshot12 08-13-2014 04:38 PM

No review on the DM lights, i went with Truck Lites. I have bought many parts from Kutter. It's hard to beat 20% off list plus free shipping over $99. I got everything in less than a week, usually 3-5 days. Not a single problem in 5 orders or so.

Dobe66 08-13-2014 05:07 PM

Anthony at Kutter is easy to deal with and always follows through. May not be the fastest but reliability and good service win out.

Misbehaven 08-13-2014 05:46 PM

I order from Kutter all the time. They aren't Amazon Prime fast but I have always gotten what I wanted at a great price.

eviltwin69 08-13-2014 05:46 PM

Kutter is good but as others have said, if you don't need it in a hurry they are the ones to go to. I have averaged about 1 1/2-2 weeks for delivery of my stuff.

Roger That 08-13-2014 06:48 PM

As most here have replied, Kutter's is great and you won't find better pricing. I ordered the Daymaker Reflector for my SGS about a month ago and received it in less than 2 weeks. Absolutely love the Daymaker Reflector! Seems HD loves them too....they are now putting them in the new Road Glides stock!

CSS_FXD 08-13-2014 08:33 PM

No idea about day makers.but when i ordered my axle from kutter for my SG wheel conversion they SUCKED. They said it was all in stock well it came 2 weeks later. Anthony there who does the online oreders is also a lier. Said my parts shipped when.they did not for two days. Ill never ever order there again. Ronnie's is the good HD online one to use. Fast shipping and not much.more then kutter

steveh326 08-28-2014 09:50 PM

thanks everyone! Kutter delivered my daymakers yesterday, I installed them and went for a ride last night. omfg are these things awesome or what. I feel like I can see forever. they were adjusted too high I lowered them a bit today but haven't gotten to ride to test them out but I can already tell they are going to be great.

razorsedge 08-29-2014 06:26 AM

Day makers should be standard equipment for how much our sleds cost. The lights live up to their name....they turn the night into day with the amount of light output. As far as Kutter HD is concerned, Anthony does an excellent job and does so in a timely matter. They have the best price online when you factor in shipping costs that the other dealers charge. Thats is why it takes a little longer to get your stuff from them is because of the volume of orders they handle. The do have restrictions on certain items like oils, wheels and painted parts because those items cost more to ship but overall they are excellent. On average I usually receive my orders a day ahead of their estimates but its better to estimate a little longer and get it sooner than be late.

steveh326 08-29-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by razorsedge (Post 13156321)
Day makers should be standard equipment for how much our sleds cost. The lights live up to their name....they turn the night into day with the amount of light output. As far as Kutter HD is concerned, Anthony does an excellent job and does so in a timely matter. They have the best price online when you factor in shipping costs that the other dealers charge. Thats is why it takes a little longer to get your stuff from them is because of the volume of orders they handle. The do have restrictions on certain items like oils, wheels and painted parts because those items cost more to ship but overall they are excellent. On average I usually receive my orders a day ahead of their estimates but its better to estimate a little longer and get it sooner than be late.

I am working on an old 66 mustang car and wondering if I can adapt the daymakers as headlights for it... they are too damn expensive to experiment with tho if they don't work out. but would be cool and different if they did...

Roger That 08-29-2014 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by steveh326 (Post 13158174)
I am working on an old 66 mustang car and wondering if I can adapt the daymakers as headlights for it... they are too damn expensive to experiment with tho if they don't work out. but would be cool and different if they did...

I don't know if you got the Daymaker Projector LED's or the Daymaker Reflector LED's but the Reflectors have much better lighting throw to the sides than the Projectors do. The Reflectors are also a design copy of the Trucklite Phase 7 LED headlight. The Trucklite makes them for cars and Jeeps so you should check that option out. The TL is also cheaper than the HD's Daymakers and would look pretty cool on that Mustang! You can get the Trucklite from Eastern Performance for around $200 each.

dyna rider 08-29-2014 03:39 PM

Daymakers

1 Attachment(s)
They do light up the night...

mmcbeat 08-29-2014 03:53 PM

If you see something you like at Kutter, be sure to add it to the cart to chech the true price. Example, a BAL light is $200, but add it to cart and the true price is $170 with free shipping on orders over $99.

dochawken 08-29-2014 05:32 PM

Have dealt with Kutter...very upfront...always a smooth transaction..I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on lamps...

OfficerP 08-30-2014 09:25 AM

Just had a new jacket delivered from Kutter online. Took a week but was able to track free shipping and no sales tax. Paid $396, same jacket was $495 and $530 at local dealers. Very happy

Golfinds 08-31-2014 08:08 AM

Bought my daymaker saved 100. Fast shipping

steveh326 08-31-2014 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Roger That (Post 13158271)
I don't know if you got the Daymaker Projector LED's or the Daymaker Reflector LED's but the Reflectors have much better lighting throw to the sides than the Projectors do. The Reflectors are also a design copy of the Trucklite Phase 7 LED headlight. The Trucklite makes them for cars and Jeeps so you should check that option out. The TL is also cheaper than the HD's Daymakers and would look pretty cool on that Mustang! You can get the Trucklite from Eastern Performance for around $200 each.

the led headlights available for my roadglide are the projectors from HD, I don't think there was any other option for the RG. buddy of mine has the trucklite phase 7 headlight on his bike and it works great... it's on my short list for the mustang as well as I know I could make it fit. the projector lenses might not work as well but they would look really trick on the mustang. there is a mustang vendor that has an LED headlight with an integrated daytime running light, so those 3 options are at the top of my list right now.

Roger That 08-31-2014 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by steveh326 (Post 13163975)
the led headlights available for my roadglide are the projectors from HD, I don't think there was any other option for the RG. buddy of mine has the trucklite phase 7 headlight on his bike and it works great... it's on my short list for the mustang as well as I know I could make it fit. the projector lenses might not work as well but they would look really trick on the mustang. there is a mustang vendor that has an LED headlight with an integrated daytime running light, so those 3 options are at the top of my list right now.

The Projectors are just another headlight too. I don't see why they wouldn't fit if that's what you really want....and yeah it would look awesome. But it will cost twice as much. If you do, just make sure you get the pre '13 lights. Make sure and post some pics when you get to that point.

Nice project and nice car!