Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragos duals or any duals for that matter.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:47 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dragos duals or any duals for that matter.

I know the true duals vs 2-1-2 has been beaten to death, with that said I still have a specific question that I haven't been able to find "real" info on. Dragos claims there true duals are made to perform. Is anyone out there running them that has come from another performance header that can offer an opinion on how they really perform? Does the spiraling or the steps in the head pipe really amount to anything or do they seem to give up the same amount of torque on bottom as true duals are known to do? I'm really leaning towards true duals for sound but also plan for motor mods sooner than later so I'm hesitant to move backwards and loosing power with an exhuast choice.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:31 AM
Nightrain04
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look into Drago's or Rush's h-pipe.

Last edited by Nightrain04; 08-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:35 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I live in Florida , I have seen Doc's Performance Tuning tune bikes with Drago's True Duals , like all True Duals or 2-1-2 the torque hits a little later in the power curve than a 2-1 , however his true duals were getting very similar results to a 2-1-2 system and when I say the torque hit later it was only by a few hundred RPM's later , you will be happy with them

Old 08-28-2014, 07:54 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightrain04
Look into Drago's or Rush's h-pipe.
There are several nice h-pipes out there i a actually feel s&s should be added to that list but I haven't heard them in person. I would have to think that they have lost that true dual sound?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
There are several nice h-pipes out there i a actually feel s&s should be added to that list but I haven't heard them in person. I would have to think that they have lost that true dual sound?
I had the S&S Power Tune Duals with an "H" crossover design on my last bike...a '12 Street Glide. They sound like a true dual, relatively equal exhaust volume out of each pipe and performed quite well.

I honestly don't think that they will perform "as well" as an "X" pipe design, but they at least offer some scavenging with the benefit of a true dual sound. Best of both worlds. JMHO

Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger That
I had the S&S Power Tune Duals with an "H" crossover design on my last bike...a '12 Street Glide. They sound like a true dual, relatively equal exhaust volume out of each pipe and performed quite well.

I honestly don't think that they will perform "as well" as an "X" pipe design, but they at least offer some scavenging with the benefit of a true dual sound. Best of both worlds. JMHO
Looks like those tires are a little worn now the 2015's are out now guess it's time to buy a new set.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:37 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I had the Dragos duals on my street glide they perform well , sound great , and look amazing.you won't regret the Dragos imho.I plan on the Dragos dual headers for my RK.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:23 PM
hoops928
Tourer

I have the Rush true duals, the workmanship is excellent, and I'm happy with them. I'm running Andrew 57H, and the tune is a pain to get right, due to the unequal length pipes.
Still fighting it.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Rush 7017HO duals produce about 3-4 more hp and tq than the 7017 standard duals. We also offer the REC17 system for riders with a smaller budget. All perform better than stock headpipes (2010-2014) when properly tuned.

I'm sure Frank can provide more info on his products and especially on the tuning/performance.
Ryan

Old 08-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TWIN CAM 96
Looks like those tires are a little worn now the 2015's are out now guess it's time to buy a new set.
Hmmmm.... Lol. This Saturday will be eight weeks since I picked up the '14. I did it intentionaly to get the best deal in the color I wanted. Good thing too....the Mysterious Red Sunglo is no longer available in the SGS.

But you won't get a deal on a '15 that I got on this one....21,300 OTD including TTL with pre-paid maintenance through 10,000 miles, with a 4 point docking station and grips thrown in.

Quick Reply: Dragos duals or any duals for that matter.