Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Pera Maverick daddy long legs - 2014 Road King

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:00 PM
heavypic
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Le Pera Maverick daddy long legs - 2014 Road King

Hey all,

I need some advice. I've searched the forum for info. Anyone have the La Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat on a 2014 Road King? I am 6'0 tall, with a 34-35" inseam. The stock seat is just way to close for comfort. My knees/legs are cramped and I use only the front half of the floor boards. I need to move back about 1.5-2". From pics of this seat mounted on bikes, it looks to have at least 2" of set-back relative to the front edge of the bags compared to the stock seat.

I've read some reviews. Some folks my height or taller say the seat is great...others say it sits them back a little too far. I think a 1.5-2.0" set-back from the stock seat would work for me. I don't mind the stock seat height, or going just a little lower if necessary. I would have to adjust the handlebars back a bit to accomodate a rearward change in seating position.

Anyone close to my height/inseam that has this seat on a 2014 Road King using stock handlebars? I would like to get comfortable with just a seat change and not have to change bars or floorboard position. I like the width/dimensions and looks of this seat. I don't mind a firm seat. I don't want a seat that's too wide/bulky/soft. The Maverick DLL looks just about right from pics and descriptions.

Advice/feedback appreciated...

Old 08-30-2014, 12:30 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I don't have the Maverick, but I can tell you how LePera can help. You can call them direct and they can work with you on getting the fit just right if need be. You can also test out the seat to see if you like it, albeit the stock Maverick without the covering. If you need more room or have it a little lower, they can take off some foam in the right places. Great folks to work with.

I'm not as tall as you, but I have the LePera Monterey solo. You can see the Meverick clip here. The daddy long legs will sit about an 1" - 1 1/2" further back than the standard.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 AM
heavypic
Tourer

Thanks RKZ...any riders who have the Maverick Daddy Long Legs...???

Old 09-04-2014, 12:37 AM
FlyByWire
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertG
Hey all,

I need some advice. I've searched the forum for info. Anyone have the La Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat on a 2014 Road King? I am 6'0 tall, with a 34-35" inseam. The stock seat is just way to close for comfort. My knees/legs are cramped and I use only the front half of the floor boards. I need to move back about 1.5-2". From pics of this seat mounted on bikes, it looks to have at least 2" of set-back relative to the front edge of the bags compared to the stock seat.

I've read some reviews. Some folks my height or taller say the seat is great...others say it sits them back a little too far. I think a 1.5-2.0" set-back from the stock seat would work for me. I don't mind the stock seat height, or going just a little lower if necessary. I would have to adjust the handlebars back a bit to accomodate a rearward change in seating position.

Anyone close to my height/inseam that has this seat on a 2014 Road King using stock handlebars? I would like to get comfortable with just a seat change and not have to change bars or floorboard position. I like the width/dimensions and looks of this seat. I don't mind a firm seat. I don't want a seat that's too wide/bulky/soft. The Maverick DLL looks just about right from pics and descriptions.

Advice/feedback appreciated...
Have one, and love it. I will not use another seat on a Harley touring bike, ever, period. My wife likes it as well. I'm a bit taller than you at 6'6", but I still use the stock bars although my foot controls are pushed out pretty far. It IS a firmer seat, but comfort varies from *** to *** I suppose. It offers a decent amount of lower back support as well.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 AM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have one on a 2013 Road Glide. I am 6' 8" with a 33" inseam.

It is perfect for me. It moved me back far enough that I feel comfortable. The seat is also more comfortable than stock and thinner.

I sprang for one with the back rest. There is a site that has great prices called twocycleguys. That is where I got mine.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 PM
heavypic
Tourer

Thanks FlyBy and Frog. I'm ready to order the Maverick DLL. The stock seat is just no good for me.

Did either of you order the Maverick matching back rest pad? I am thinking of mounting it on the standard height Harley detachable back rest for passengers and for strapping on a tour bag for trips.

Thanks again...
Regards

Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I have the Maverick DLL on a Softail (Deluxe) and it works great for me. I am 6' with 34" inseam. The seat moved me back well over 2" from the stocker and it's so nice to stretch out on the bike. Wife likes it also. SJ Ron

Old 09-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Frogprince
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I just have the drivers backrest included with mine. Well worth the money difference. I only remove the backrest when riding two up.

It matches close enough with the stock tourpac that I haven't worried very much about.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:45 PM
madmax34
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for a new seat as well. Very cramped on my '15 RGS. Does the Maverick move you down also? Or just back?