Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Parts (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-parts-121/)
-   -   Beware of NASCARGUY !!! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-parts/1061717-beware-of-nascarguy.html)

lionsm13 07-26-2015 08:41 AM

Own up to it Nascarguy.
That is wrong members ripping off members.
Good luck getting your $$$$ back for a bump!!

babygorilla 07-26-2015 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by pjb (Post 14242805)
Sent money to NASCARGUY via paypal on 7/5 for parts.
At first he responded saying shipping was delayed, and promising tracking info.
Now he has gone silent, ignoring my requests for refund.

In the past I was outspoken about not sending money as "gift", but I got slammed from many on here that said forum members should be trusted.
I actually had a change of heart and did it a few times without problem.
This time I have been burned.

Buyer beware!

Have to agree about the "gift" part. I just offer to pay the % markup and use PP as a purchase. Trust is earned, not automatically given. And it's hard to earn trust over the internet.

MikeyZ 07-26-2015 10:22 AM

Good Luck

If it's less than $50 usually I'll send as a gift. Anything over that I do the normal PayPal

cochon 07-26-2015 10:35 AM

I NEVER send any money as a gift. It ain't worth the 3% savings that the seller gets.

hifiho 07-26-2015 12:34 PM

I purchased a SE intake kit from "NascarGuy" the same week, and the package arrived in a very reasonable time frame. He was willing to negotiate on the price, and I have nothing negative to say about the transaction. Maybe it really IS lost in the mail?

It's not like your package can be teleported to your desktop. The fact that he's dropped off the radar? Maybe he's riding his motorcycle, and not sitting on his computer. I'll be in Sturgis a week from yesterday, and I guarantee you I won't be checking email for about 2 weeks.

BigJ37 07-26-2015 12:52 PM

If it really is lost in the mail, that's understandable but he should respond to text, emails or PMs so it doesn't look like trouble IMO

hifiho 07-26-2015 01:12 PM

Good point, "BigJ". It did take almost 2 weeks of prodding to get him to reply to my original inquiry regarding the item(s) for sale. Either way, I'm thinking it's about poor communication, and not underhanded deceit.

I check my email daily, and NEVER text. But that's just me. I can afford to have 3 bikes in the garage that I paid cash for, but I can't afford a data plan on my mobile phone. Maybe my priorities are out of whack.

aaazdaddy 07-27-2015 05:20 PM

Beware

If you paid with a credit card, even through PayPal and even as a gift, simply call the number on the back of the card and deny the charge. Your account should be immediately credited and they will investigate (require the seller to provide tracking/their side of the story, etc). Over the years I've unfortunately done a handful of times and its worked perfectly. If PayPal gives me any crap about a refund, I do this and it is DONE.

If you used bank funds, call your bank and tell them it was a PayPal fraud. They may be able to intervene on your behalf, because chances are that money was deposited in his bank/credit union and there is recourse. I'd be really surprised (especially if it is a credit union) if they don't resolve.

Keep us posted, and good luck!

Bob

09baggerdude 07-27-2015 05:38 PM

I hope that this is just a case of something came up or something likethat. This is a great forum with a lot of great people! I personally dealt with Nascar guy and had no issues. Bought a headlight. Sorry to hear about this and hopefully it gets resolved. For every 100 transactions there always has to be one bad one that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Good luck man! Hope it all gets worked out soon!!

Loc_Tite 08-10-2015 06:37 PM

Beware of NASCARGUY !!!

Originally Posted by hifiho (Post 14243454)
I check my email daily, and NEVER text. But that's just me. I can afford to have 3 bikes in the garage that I paid cash for, but I can't afford a data plan on my mobile phone. Maybe my priorities are out of whack.

Yeah dude you might want to think about that. It's 2015 and all.