Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Road Glide Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Cricket11
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Road Glide Conversion

PLEASE REMOVE, THIS IS SOLD!!

I have Most of whats needed to convert your bike to a Road Glide, and these are 10-13 parts. Please see my last post, I have added a parts list for the curious.
Price is 700.00 plus shipping. If interested, please send me a PM and make an offer, as I have some wiggle room, but shipping is whatever it costs, I cannot control that. I have gotten sticker shock when checking shipping on such a large box, but found Greyhound can do it for a lot less. One box is LARGE, with the inner, outer, and most fairing parts in it. Not real heavy, but bulky, only 40 pounds. The other is about the same weight, but much smaller, and contains the brackets, signals, speakers, and headlight harness splitter for going from a single, to dual headlights. I can get both boxes to you for about 150.00 dollars.(This price is to Cali, and figured a few days ago, before a previous Buyer backed out of the sale, so everything is all packed up, and ready to go, I just remove the previous name and label, and put yours on. Price COULD be lower, depending on location. Much higher, if you want UPS, or FEDEX Ground. LMK)
As you will see in a couple pics, the fairing has scuffed places where the bike fell against the garage wall, BUT, it is just missing paint, and a little roughness in the black ABS plastic, no broken tabs, or other damage of any kind. The inner fairing is perfectly fine. I have NO bolts, or screws, as I always replace with stainless when I do any type of work on my bikes. The gauge pod is a darker color, and includes the Tach, indicator lights and speedo (I do not know miles, please use your old E/G, or S/G gauges to keep originality of your bike, if important). There is an extra set of new glovebox doors, just because they are good to have. There are 2 different types of headlight inserts, one is a black plastic brow type, which was bought new from Harley, and the other is a clear full cover, for best protection, which was on it when I got it (No, you cannot use both at the same time, they use the same tab holes to attach.). Original windshield, and new flat, tinted windshield is there. The speakers are J&M Rokkers, and one of the grilles split, but was repaired. The stereo shop checked it, and it is fine. I was given a sheet of speaker cover material, and told to cut it slightly larger, and when it is pushed up through the inner fairing, it looks like factory, and the repaired crack is not seen. Headlight assembly, frame bracket, radio caddy bracket, fairing to crash guard brackets, and turn signals, were bought brand new from Harley, back when you could buy stuff without old parts being returned. Any questions, please ask, I will do my best to remember stuff, but it is also loaded in my trailer, and if sold - TO A SERIOUS BUYER - I will unload it. Thanks. Cricket

Last edited by Cricket11; 03-01-2016 at 07:44 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 01-30-2016, 11:36 PM
bigh8840
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If this was off a 15 I would be all over it.. Free bump. Good luck

Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 PM
cc89iroc
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what other parts would be needed for the conversion ?

Old 01-31-2016, 12:03 AM
Cricket11
Road Master

Nothing, if you have an Electra/Street Glide. You would use your gauges, and mount in this one, but not an easy plug and play, you have to split your fairing harness and part of it goes to the pod for the tach , speedo, switches, and indicator lights. The other half goes to the fairing for your radio(not included), speakers, headlights, and signals(included). The switch assembly has to be removed, and this pod installed, then put back together. Brackets are very different, and you really need to be crafty and patient. Last one I did, still took me 3 days. First, I would paint it all to match!��

Old 01-31-2016, 12:07 AM
Cricket11
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigh8840
Thanks. Last 14/15 conversion I saw this complete, went for 1400. Have a great weekend! Cricket

Old 01-31-2016, 12:15 AM
Cricket11
Road Master

Originally Posted by cc89iroc
what other parts would be needed for the conversion ?
It is actually plug and play, but a good bit of work involved. By crafty, I don't mean modifying your bike, but a good bit of labor involved. Tank needs to be loosened at front, and the R/G specific bracket bolts to the front of the frame behind the triple trees, then the fairing bolts to it, all wiring gets done, the the outer goes on, and more assembly. Quite a bit more involved than a batwing swap, but very much worth it!

Old 01-31-2016, 12:26 AM
Cricket11
Road Master

I just realized I am not getting my messages, so please PM me so I can answer questions. My email is cricket1164@yahoo.com , for these pictures or other info if you want. Cricket

Old 02-01-2016, 01:50 AM
G E E
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

PM sent..

Old 02-01-2016, 05:05 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Looks like a pretty good deal.. Buyer can turn around and resale his batwing parts and get some money back

Old 02-01-2016, 08:32 AM
AngelAir
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sold this 15 Road Glide inner fairing sub assy for $1900 shipped.

Originally Posted by bigh8840

Quick Reply: Road Glide Conversion