Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Upgrade HD Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 AM
mrmatw
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello to Everyone.... I''m not going to say if you change out from stock to other manufactures is right or wrong. This is specifically an opinion. I have an 09 FLHT that is gradually making its way towards an Ultra. Don't condem me from not buying one straight out. It's a blast getting there. Any way it came as a Standard. Just bags to batwing. Since, I"ve added, trunk, plush seat (the ultra w/o heat, should have) and Back rest. The radio is from Bike tronics with HOG Tune Speakers.. (Psst that's the secret!) Things are the greatest! Put a pair put them on a friends bike with the HD radio... Different player all together. Anyway I'm in need of communicating with the better half (plz no jokes here, I have enough of my own) instead of saying what 75% of the time. Plus when I'm in groups and a road captain. I'm in more need now than than before.
I have the Sony bike tronics kit that has been in the bike since purchase. Installl was easy. Plugs right into your existing wiring harness. All controls work, no issues and might I say better than other applications I'ave seen. So if you buy bike tronics. The speakers installed quickly, no issues. I suggest getting new grilles. Great speakers deserve great looking grilles too. Buttoned the fairing up and I enjoy stereo, mp3 player and plug in the front for my GPS. What more could you ask for.

So I'm hoping for the same results. I know I have to change out the grip housings and add a new harness. This should be interesting at best. Suggestions will be read.
Thanks

Last edited by mrmatw; 10-08-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: miss spelled word