Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Sheepskin Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 03:13 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

I have tried 'em all. The best results I have had is with the AirHawk II seat cushion. The High dollar version has a cut out for your tailbone and is supposed to be even better. The sheepskin does help, but custom made is a stretch and they are a sponge when riding in the rain. Best to store them before it gets wet.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:14 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do the piece of sheep skin thing also ... works really well and packs nicely

Old 03-15-2015, 03:26 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,907 Likes on 3,015 Posts

I'd thought about the Airhawk, but didn't want to move up and forward.
And your *** isn't going to get any wetter with or without it riding in the rain. It dries quickly.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:29 PM
FuzzyWuzHe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a pic on my 07 Ultra, This has been on a lot of different bikes ... now a trike

Attached Thumbnails Sheepskin Seat Covers-dscn0376.jpg  
Old 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM
shredder22
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for Alaska sheepskins, very comfortable for long rides...

Old 03-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

I recently received mine from the Village Shop. Dan is great to work with and turn around time was pretty quick. Waiting until Thursday to install them as I am getting the hand holds for the wife then. I got mine in a pewter grey and looking them over they are pretty heavy. I got 4 pieces, the full seat cover, riders backrest, passenger backrest and kidney cover they call it (that small piece close to the passenger seat).
Village shop sent me samples of the different colors I was interested in. that helped me make a decision. www.villageshop.com

Old 03-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the info folks! I'll post what I can come up with and how it works.

Back a month or so ago I talked with the only 2 local people who do upholstery about buying a skin large enough and having them tailor to my seat. Neither would touch it. Both said they had never worked with fur and wouldn't accept the risk. Guess there's not much call for fur in SE GA!

Thanks Again!

Old 03-16-2015, 04:53 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

I got a small, basic uncut long-hair skin that fit nicely, charcoal grey; the neck area hits the front of my seat, the shoulders the edges, the waist on the rise, and the hips under the passenger portion, nothing for that backrest.

But I needed a hole for my backrest post. No biggie, I just put it on upside-down and we sat on it, then felt around where the slot should go, and marked it. Then I carefully cut out a 2" by 3/8" slot. Worked OK, but it was hard to hit the hole. (With the seat post, through the sheepskin; don't go there!) I ended up giving it a 'haircut' about 1/2" all the way around the opening. It worked great, but to keep the slot from tearing open, I wetted the opening with super glue about 1/4" wide all the way around. After a year, no tearing.

When you're riding in the rain it doesn't make much difference, but it seems to take forever to dry.

Oh, and get one of those compression bags to put it in when you're not using it; it's surprising how little room those things take up when you squeeze the air out of them.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:54 PM
one chance
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Rog, is that one piece or 2. I just find this searching everywhere online and going to go pick it up myself before my trip to Sturgis.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:53 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Blacksheep Trading sheepskin , it is pricey but it is top quality ! The people at Blacksheep are fabulous to deal with also , if you have an issue they will go the limit to rectify ! I personally love the cover , although on a Trike it is a pain in the *** to remove and install because of grab handles for passenger and the damned seat screw ! my two cents ! Ebert

Quick Reply: Sheepskin Seat Covers