Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Sheepskin Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:52 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Haven't posted this yet but I finally got a sheepskin from Blacksheep Trading. Today will be only the second ride with it on the seat. Will post a review and some pics after I get it broken in and have time. Today will be a good test day as it is forecast to be 100+ around here today!

Blacksheep did an excellent job on the cover. I have a Road Zeppelin seat and the cover fits perfectly with cutouts for the switches and backrest. I found it does pick me up an inch or so which I am still getting used to. The RZ seat itself rides about an inch higher than stock.

I did remove the grab rails from under the seat, my little short wife didn't like them anyway. My TP is also moved back about 1.5 inches and the screw is even more of a PITA to get to with the cover. I helped this issue a bit by replacing the screw with a stud and using 2 rod couplings + a thumb nut to create a 3" long seat nut. It works but the fur tries to get caught in the nut. May have to get out my dog clippers and give the back side a haircut.

If I could change something about the cover, it would be a modification where I could take it off without having to remove the seat. It would make for easier cleaning of the trike and removal if we got caught in rain. I did get one of the Harley rain covers for the RZ seat. It works but could stand to be about 2" larger to fit the seat with cover on it.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:10 AM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes the removal of the seat is a deal to remove and install the cover , I leave mine on unless it gets wet ! I tried the stud thing also and had the same problem as you of wadding sheepskin under nut . I installed the stock screw that is now held in place with a vinyl washer made from a plastic anti freeze jug, which keeps the screw captured to the seat . I find this working quite well ! Ebert

Old 07-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Lilman
Road Captain

Good idea Ebert! Haven't thought of that one. May try it and see how it goes. Still haven't put much seat time in since the cover went on. Too busy with work and honestly it's been too hot down here during the afternoons. The older I get, the less I can take the heat!

Old 07-24-2015, 10:56 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I know what you mean on taking the heat same for me ! I am less tolerate for heat and cold . I think you will find less wet drawers in the heat with the sheepskin though. Mine works very good on long rides in the 90's heat ! Ebert

Old 07-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Lilman
Road Captain

Well I finally got to put in some miles yesterday, not many, about 150. Temps were in the mid-90's with a heat index of just over 100.

I have to say the sheepskin does indeed help with butt sweat! Another plus is when its sitting out in the direct sun, the sheepskin is nowhere as hot as regular seat material when you get back on.

I think a combination of sheepskin, heat out riding shorts and some Fresh ***** lotion powder, may make for a much more enjoyable ride in the SE Georgia heat!

Sorry, still haven't took pictures! CRS keeps kicking in.......

Old 07-29-2015, 04:04 AM
ZBear
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Casper
Link says not available online or over phone, have to buy at store...bummer
No store close to me either. I was going to order. Ditto on bummer.

Old 07-31-2015, 04:16 AM
ZBear
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a driver skin frm BlackSheep yesterday. Then this winter sending seat to Mean City to have them do their magic. They did my '94 and the difference was substantial.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:22 PM
TriRidenFed
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just new to the forum, and came across your post here (I realize it is pretty old...). Anyway, I searched for some time for sheepskin seat covers, and finally found an outfit that sepcializes, and have been really happy with their product - they custom fit just about every single seat out there... you may want to check them out, as they even sent me samp0les before I made any commitment.

http://villageshop.com/

Brad

Old 09-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by TriRidenFed
Just new to the forum, and came across your post here (I realize it is pretty old...). Anyway, I searched for some time for sheepskin seat covers, and finally found an outfit that sepcializes, and have been really happy with their product - they custom fit just about every single seat out there... you may want to check them out, as they even sent me samp0les before I made any commitment.

http://villageshop.com/

Brad

That is where I bought mine from in post #16.