Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Question about trike handling

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 04:07 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,220 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Sure appreciate all the comments. About 1/3 throigh reading about some of the issues on the older ones, like the CAT, changing out header, exhaust ends and tuner/performance kit.

Clint44, thanks for the info on the pulley. This really a big jump for me if we do it. Been riding HDs since the mid-60s. Newest bike has been my EVO. Do about everything except paint and machining on my Pans and Shovels and consider myself a decent garage mechanis

Fearless, there definitely seems to be a lot of camaraderie amongst Tr-Glide/ Freewheeler owners.

Screwball, I am 68 and my wife is 46. She would like a bit more comfort than the old iron offer. Guess I have somewhat hardened myself and offset that with some Jack at the end of the day. I truly want to find a way to get her back riding with me, because I really enjoy her company.

DK Custom, that is definitely a cool video.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up I believe you get it.

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Sure appreciate all the comments. About 1/3 throigh reading about some of the issues on the older ones, like the CAT, changing out header, exhaust ends and tuner/performance kit.

Clint44, thanks for the info on the pulley. This really a big jump for me if we do it. Been riding HDs since the mid-60s. Newest bike has been my EVO. Do about everything except paint and machining on my Pans and Shovels and consider myself a decent garage mechanis

Fearless, there definitely seems to be a lot of camaraderie amongst Tr-Glide/ Freewheeler owners.

Screwball, I am 68 and my wife is 46. She would like a bit more comfort than the old iron offer. Guess I have somewhat hardened myself and offset that with some Jack at the end of the day. I truly want to find a way to get her back riding with me, because I really enjoy her company.

Remember it is about enjoying what you do two wheels or three does not matter it is time in the wind. Anything I/we can do to make it more enjoyable please ask we banter back and forth occasionally but it is always in good fun or strong belief in something we feel strongly about. Ride safely fearless

Old 09-07-2015, 11:24 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Unfortunately now. There is a slight possibility that I will be able to get away to the one in Texas in October.

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Awesome video!

I would add that when riding two up, the speed around turns is mostly limited by my wife. Where as on two wheels, leaning the bike in turns tends to push you down in the seat. The lateral force in turns on the TriGlde pushes you sideways, and my wife doesn't like to have to hold on tight on the turns.
True. It took Mary some getting used to being pushed sideways in the seat instead of into the seat. We got the Kury Adjustable pegs, and when in a corner she pushes her feet against them, pushing her into the backrest, and that keeps her in place without having to use the handles.

Originally Posted by panz4ever

Mary is 59, she will ride on the back of a Sporty for 2-3 hours...more than that and she is not the happiest camper. She can go 5 hours or so on the Softail, but on the Tri-Glide she can go all day, day after day, and is completely comfortable. I'm betting your wife would really enjoy the ride on the TG.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Unfortunately no. There is a slight possibility that I will be able to get away to the one in Texas in October.
Sure hope you and Mary can make the TX Hill Country Gathering next month,in Kerrville. It's shaping up to be a great weekend. More curvy roads than you can shake a stick at.