Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Organizer & scuff protection ????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 08:04 AM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts
Default Organizer & scuff protection ????

Thinking about the truck lid organizer (#53000302), looks like a handy item. Wondering if anyone has this and your thoughts about it?

Also thinking about paint scuff protection. Looking at the transparent paint guard kit (#83989-10A). Anyone with thoughts on this or some other option?

thanks

Old 10-15-2015, 02:43 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Out here the lid organizers are kind of worthless. they glue to the lid. In the heat the glue becomes 'un-sticky' and the organizer falls off.

About the scuff protection. You know that it too scuffs. Scuffed scuff protector looks as bad as un-scuff protected scuffs. It also dulls over time. I'm on my 7th or 8th Harley, 3rd trike. Never had any use for scuff or paint protection. Don't wear golf shoes when getting on or off your scoot and you won't have a problem

Old 10-16-2015, 06:52 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

One thing to think about with the organizer. If you are like me and cram as much into the tour pack as possible; the stuff in the organizer gets crushed when you close the lid of the tourpack. I can tell you from experience, don't keep sun screen in there

Old 10-16-2015, 07:52 AM
tenn.vol.
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

After it became unglued, I got 4 large washers and attached it
to the lid using 4 longer screws that hold the chrome raack on!
The orginizer is not very practical, but mine was a gift.......
SO I INSTALLED IT!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:39 AM
graygoat
Road Master

Originally Posted by bronxbill
One thing to think about with the organizer. If you are like me and cram as much into the tour pack as possible; the stuff in the organizer gets crushed when you close the lid of the tourpack. I can tell you from experience, don't keep sun screen in there
Thanks for that visual!!

Old 10-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

"Screwball" is correct about the organizer .... don't waste your money

Old 10-16-2015, 04:25 PM
graygoat
Road Master

Thanks, guys, guess I will be re-thinking this.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:38 PM
coronetracer65
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the organizer and the paint protection and concur ! The organizer is nice but it does take up a little room and it absolutely does not stay attached. As for the paint protection the Harley stuff does scuff and looks bad after a while ,but I hate to think what my fenders would look like without it . Although I dont have it on my fairing and it cleans up good but my shoes are not coming close to it either ! lol

The following users liked this post:
WesternVet (06-11-2019)
Old 10-17-2015, 09:55 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default scuff protection

Due to where i live i have to travel on a lot of gravel roads and half my riding is at night. When i bought my Freewheeler i read in some threads about 3M film. I measured up how much i needed and ordered some on line. I believe it was about $35 shipped. You have to be patient putting it on. I can see where stones have hit the fenders and the paint has been protected. If it gets looking too bad i will just cut another piece and replace it. The bugs wipe right off. It does not dull the paint at all. I work in a very sandy dirty environment (foundry) and i put a piece on the screen of my Otter Box for my phone and saves my screen from getting scratched up

Old 10-18-2015, 03:36 PM
kyguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took out the carpeted liner and poked two holes about a 1/4" apart through the corners and the center of each of the organizers at the top. I then lined them up where I wanted the organizers and poked holes through the carpet liner. Then I got some heavy string and a big needle and stitched them to the carpet. I put the liner back in and the organizer works great now.

Quick Reply: Organizer & scuff protection ????