Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

PROJECT TRI-GLIDE Report w/ Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:14 AM
neon65
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Kevin, What cosmetic tips did you go with? Looked on your web site and didn't see the ones you installed.

Thanks....Jim

Old 12-02-2015, 11:23 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Kevin, did you go with the full round cross over or flat? Do you see that making a difference? with 107 upgrade ?
thanks

I'm deciding fullsac or FM, big $$ diff. and only comments I find is 2 yr vs. lifetime warranty.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Since we have so many things in the works, the mods that I list are not going to be in any apparent logical order.

Right now we have several big things we are working on, but there are no pictures/no final results yet, as we are still fabricating & testing.

But as we finish one of the items on the list, I will post it up.

Here is the first-

White LED Running Lights/Amber Turn Signal combo.

I did not think I would like these too much, but Devin was hot on the idea, so he wired some up.

Turned out to be a super easy install, and I REALLY LIKE THEM.

The White Lights really increase visibility, day and night, and the turn signals are just cool. I have gotten a ton of positive comments from everyone that's seen them.

Not much to see when their off-

Full Daylight & on- The pic does not do them justice...they pop pretty bright even in the daylight!

Semi-dark, you can see they really put out some light!

When the turn signal is activated they go from white to amber, and flash with the stock signal lights-

Wiring was a breeze. Taking the side cover/bracket off the top of the fork, the wires were right there (leading into the fairing).

We used some Posi-Taps (pic below) and it was literally less than 5 minutes per side to wire up.

I like this mod so much, I am going to do it on my Softail also..but I am going to Remove the stock turn signals and run just these.

That is something I'm still considering on the Tri-Glide also.
Kevin, Where did you get the white lights on your shocks?

Old 12-03-2015, 12:38 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by acunn1
Kevin, Where did you get the white lights on your shocks?
We assembled them ourselves.

You can see them HERE.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 12-03-2015, 01:04 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tryker Dude
Sounds pretty close to the same as my V&H stock slip-ons with the cat gutted. Nice rumble when idling or just running along, but a good sharp rapp when you get on it. No way for me to compare the performance though. They do look and sound good Kevin.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by neon65
Kevin, What cosmetic tips did you go with? Looked on your web site and didn't see the ones you installed.

Thanks....Jim
They are part of a fulsac kit. I could not find anybody just selling the tips...talked fulsac into selling me just the tips. Gonna see if they will sell me more of them.

We could make them, but we try and stay away from making anything that needs to be chromed...with all the EPA regs, it is truly a PIA to get stuff chromed.

Originally Posted by bigfish_Oh
Kevin, did you go with the full round cross over or flat? Do you see that making a difference? with 107 upgrade ?
thanks

I'm deciding fullsac or FM, big $$ diff. and only comments I find is 2 yr vs. lifetime warranty.
I have the smunched stock crossover. I am running a Stage I 103 and have tried the full round crossover and not noticed a difference.

However, with bigger and/or more aggressive builds, the full round does make a small improvement.

The fullsac and fuelmoto perform the same...they are almost exactly the same. I prefer the fuelmoto since they came up with the design.

FM has the stainless with a lifetime warranty, but they have the ceramic with a 2 year warranty, which is less $. I have the ceramic and have had zero issues.

Regarding headers...I have always wanted the V&H Power Duals. I've installed them on Customers bikes. I like the look ( a LOT ) and the sound. They are great performing (and have the full round crossover) I have just never been willing to come off my wallet for some.

Well...with the TG being our current Project, we went ahead and got some. I'm pretty stoked to get them installed, been wanting them since I first saw them many years ago.

For years I've thought they were the best looking Touring header made.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Regarding headers...I have always wanted the V&H Power Duals. I've installed them on Customers bikes. I like the look ( a LOT ) and the sound. They are great performing (and have the full round crossover) I have just never been willing to come off my wallet for some.

Well...with the TG being our current Project, we went ahead and got some. I'm pretty stoked to get them installed, been wanting them since I first saw them many years ago.

For years I've thought they were the best looking Touring header made.
We have the V&H Power Duals w/4.5" Monster Round mufflers on our trike and really like them. Nice deep tone but not obnoxious on the highway.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clint44
We have the V&H Power Duals w/4.5" Monster Round mufflers on our trike and really like them. Nice deep tone but not obnoxious on the highway.

Clint...Super Nice Ride! Everything about it is just looks great...incl the exhaust.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:08 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Over the years we have had many ideas that we turned into prototypes and then tested...all of which we thought would do well...but alas, sometimes things just don't work how we thought they would and many an idea has ended up in the scrap metal bin.

Today we were doing our first big test on a new product. During the 60 mile test run (we had already done several baseline runs), I was getting more and more nervous that this prototype was not going to perform as expected. All kinds of thoughts swirling thru my head as I watched the miles click off.

At the appointed spot I pulled off the interstate, stopping on the off-ramp to take my measurements...

Then both hands when into the air as I yelled in victory! I'm sure I looked like I was losing it to those passing by on the interstate.

But the results were far better than we imagined they would be.

We are STOKED!!!

And this is only step one, we have a few more improvements, and if they test out as well as this first test...We're gonna be pretty dadgum happy!

Hopefully we will be able to get a couple of confirmation runs done over the next week, if all goes well, I'll publish the results here.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:38 AM
neon65
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Over the years we have had many ideas that we turned into prototypes and then tested...all of which we thought would do well...but alas, sometimes things just don't work how we thought they would and many an idea has ended up in the scrap metal bin.

Today we were doing our first big test on a new product. During the 60 mile test run (we had already done several baseline runs), I was getting more and more nervous that this prototype was not going to perform as expected. All kinds of thoughts swirling thru my head as I watched the miles click off.

At the appointed spot I pulled off the interstate, stopping on the off-ramp to take my measurements...

Then both hands when into the air as I yelled in victory! I'm sure I looked like I was losing it to those passing by on the interstate.

But the results were far better than we imagined they would be.

We are STOKED!!!

And this is only step one, we have a few more improvements, and if they test out as well as this first test...We're gonna be pretty dadgum happy!

Hopefully we will be able to get a couple of confirmation runs done over the next week, if all goes well, I'll publish the results here.
OK, you have my attention!! Can't wait to see what the improvement(s) are.
Jim

Old 12-07-2015, 06:59 PM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We assembled them ourselves.

You can see them HERE.
Thanks Kevin

Quick Reply: PROJECT TRI-GLIDE Report w/ Lots of Pics