Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tail Lights LED for the Triglide???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:04 AM
woodmnctry
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tail Lights LED for the Triglide???

Need to upgrade the taillights on the wife's Triglide scooter ---want to do the laydowns --- options that I am aware of are the HD variety, BA and CD --- any recommendations?
Stock lights are not bad but things and cage drivers being what they are these days---- nuff said

Old 06-11-2016, 02:58 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by woodmnctry
Need to upgrade the taillights on the wife's Triglide scooter ---want to do the laydowns --- options that I am aware of are the HD variety, BA and CD --- any recommendations?
Stock lights are not bad but things and cage drivers being what they are these days---- nuff said
Here is an option, I think it is even more visible than the LED laydowns.

You can see more photos and info HERE.

I did add smoked laydowns on my TG, with an LED bulb in them. But the mud flaps with the LED's are much more visible.

I got my smoked laydown lens' from Hawglenses.com and the LED bulbs from a local auto parts store. I am researching brighter LED bulbs.

Here's a pic of the LED Mud Flaps and the Smoked laydown LED Tail lights.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-11-2016, 11:52 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

I have the factory red lay downs without the plate window. They are in the H D catalog. They are for the Dyna which has a side mount license plate. They have the big round led bulbs in rows that match the ones in the tour pack perfectly. And yes, they are bright !

The following users liked this post:
MrCvette (07-30-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 09:03 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When I was trying to decide which LED lights to get, my local dealer happened to have active displays for the HD, Custom Dynamics and Bright *** Lights. I liked the BAL's the best for their brightness and ability to set your own option for the number of flashes before going solid brake. In my opinion these were the best bang for the money (they are all comparably priced).

I have mine set to flash 3 times before going solid. Have a friend who also went with these and have seen them in action from a distance of at least 50 yards and they definitely grab your attention.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:25 PM
IllinoisCheesehead
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the BAL's on mine. Not the lay downs, the standard straight ones. I thought maybe I should have gotten the lay downs so they'd be more visible but my wife drove home behind me the day I picked up my TG from the dealer and she said they were very visible, almost annoyingly so. I said, "Perfect! That's what I was going for." I have them set to do a single quick multi-flash strobe and then go solid.

On my Road Glide, I had Custom Dynamics Plasma Rods mounted between the fender and saddle bags. Those really lit things up when braking. Trying to figure out where I could put some on the TriGlide.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 AM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
I have the factory red lay downs without the plate window. They are in the H D catalog. They are for the Dyna which has a side mount license plate. They have the big round led bulbs in rows that match the ones in the tour pack perfectly. And yes, they are bright !
+1 I have these too. Yes, nice and bright. Very happy with them. Folks riding behind me at night, not so happy.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:58 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Year of your trike may make a difference. My 14 has the canbus system so I went with Custom Dynamics as other companies were having a problem with the stobe and directional causing confusion. I actually find some "seconds" on Ebay that were cheaper.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:23 PM
sullyj020
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple of buddys have the LED Taillights and they are very bright when you ride behind them. But from an angle and to the side they look very Dim.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

These are what I am using on my TriGlide.
http://www.radiantz.com/Laydown-with...00254-hdtl.htm

They also sell one with a strobe. The cost is about $100 + cheaper than HD's LED's

Old 06-19-2016, 07:47 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

I have their turn signals. Bright as all get out.

Quick Reply: Tail Lights LED for the Triglide???