Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

J&S Trike Jacks

Old 04-03-2017, 03:38 PM
so60
Club Member
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Update on Jack

I never did update my purchase in this thread. I have recently had several inquiries about the "new" style J&S trike jack and it's use with the DK Custom Oil Filter/Cooler relocation kit. The new model jack works fine but to enable it to work safely with the 17 models, as well as previous model years, they had to re-design it a little. The new jack is made to be placed under the frame from the left side of the trike.... not the right side like the older models. It works fine, you just have to make sure you get it back enough to clear the crossover transmission mount nut on the right side as the jack comes up.

The picture enclosed shows that the filter re-locator kit is well above frame level. The tape sitting on the floor is touching the bottom of the frame rail where it starts to curve upward.

As usual, this is my experience and I can't guarantee it will be your experience. However I have not heard of any clearance problems with the kit or the jack.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:42 PM
so60
Club Member
Default Oops..

WOW, I should have made the picture a little smaller! HA HA. Oh well.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 PM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

The "new" 2017 J&S jack works without drama on my 2017 Tri Glide Ultra. You can now even polish the inside of the rear wheels if you so desire. When I got mine, I thought, hey, that might be kind of fun. I even included a picture of the inside of the rear wheels. I know, kind of lame, but it was a nice day and I had some time to just fool around.

OTOH, it makes quick work out of changing tires or doing other things like oil changes, etc. underneath the trike.

Attached Thumbnails J&S Trike Jacks-j-and-s1.jpg   J&S Trike Jacks-j-and-s2.jpg   J&S Trike Jacks-j-and-s3.jpg   J&S Trike Jacks-j-and-s4.jpg   J&S Trike Jacks-j-and-s5.jpg  

J&S Trike Jacks-j-and-s7.jpg  

Last edited by captbob; 04-03-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Needed to cash in some bonus dollars and gift cards so I ordered mine through my dealer. (Same price) Very impressed with the quality. Definitely nothing you'd find at Harbor Freight. Had one set up question which was handled with a quick phone call. Very helpful.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:28 AM
HOGN IT
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default J&S Jack With DK Custom Products Oil Filter Relo on 2017

Here are a couple of pictures of using the J&S Jack with the DK Custom Products oil filter relocation kit. The difference between my jack and "s060's" jack is that his is air and mine in mechanical. The mechanical jack was almost a problem with this combination, but for the first time in 68 years, it appears I got lucky. The first picture shows the oil filter attached to a bracket and while it appears low on the 2017, the filter is above the bend in the frame, as described by "so60". The problem I had (have) is that the forward part of the foot pump lever would come into contact with the filter if the foot pedal were pressed all the way down (picture 2 below). I am limited to about one-half inch strokes until I get some height on the bike. It works (picture 3), but bottom line is you have to be careful with the manual J&S Jack when you have the DK Custom Products oil filter relocation kit installed on a 2017.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:25 AM
so60
Club Member
Default Trike Lift

Good pictures John. One thing I will add to this, the "riser" on the rear arm is naturally what you have to watch out for while setting up to lift the Trike. I slide it under the Trike to where the riser is just maybe a half inch to 1 inch past the drive belt. At this point the jack is back pretty close to the rear wheel. I then go to the other side and see where it looks like the riser is going to hit. I just make sure the side of the riser is at least a 1/4 inch behind the nut holding the crossover pipe mount (on my 2016) and appears to be lined up straight. I then start easing the jack up and keep an eye on the riser alignment and the crossover mount nut and mount. I bought the air model and I am glad I did. Arthritis in knees makes it tough without it.

Last edited by so60; 04-06-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:04 AM
rchays57
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I also ordered one with the 5% vet discount. Took 2 weeks to ship it due to a backordered part. Works great. First time I let it down one of the safety arms fell back into position. Bent it in a u shape before I found the problem. Called and told them the problem and that it was my fault. They sent me a new one no charge. Thanks J&S

Old 04-07-2017, 10:34 AM
HOGN IT
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Your Experience Was Better Than Mine

Originally Posted by rchays57
I also ordered one with the 5% vet discount. Took 2 weeks to ship it due to a backordered part. Works great. First time I let it down one of the safety arms fell back into position. Bent it in a u shape before I found the problem. Called and told them the problem and that it was my fault. They sent me a new one no charge. Thanks J&S
I placed an order via phone on 2/4/2017 and my card was charged the same day. They didn't ship the jack until March 20th. I was told they were waiting on parts from one of their vendors, then it was out for painting, etc. The jack works fine and I'm glad I have it, but their policy of charging when the order is placed and not shipping for 6 weeks is poor business.

(ADDED AS EDIT)
Although, let me say that I did request the veteran discount AFTER they originally charged my card, and they said that they would honor that (and they did), and they had a sales promotion for free shipping, and they refunded me the amount of the freight, after placing the order, so they did do some things right! (Besides manufacturing an excellent product)

Last edited by HOGN IT; 04-07-2017 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Adding exception to my post
Old 04-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NEW j&s jack

Originally Posted by Triglide16
15 percent off today on Black Friday AND 15 percent off shipping ONLY today !! They do not work with 2017 models.
They do now with the new design and come in from the left side.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by captbob
The "new" 2017 J&S jack works without drama on my 2017 Tri Glide Ultra. You can now even polish the inside of the rear wheels if you so desire. When I got mine, I thought, hey, that might be kind of fun. I even included a picture of the inside of the rear wheels. I know, kind of lame, but it was a nice day and I had some time to just fool around.

OTOH, it makes quick work out of changing tires or doing other things like oil changes, etc. underneath the trike.
Man ...your garage is clean...wow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J&S Trike Jacks