Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Brake Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 PM
RG RON
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Brake Pedal

Have any of you tri glide owners have any issues with your right leg contacting the air filter housing ? Reason I ask is my wife has been complaining that she has to kind of twist her right foot to apply the rear brakes and after several applications her foot aches. I looked at pedal extensions ,but it appears that different manufactures make extensions for most models except for the tri glide. Only idea that has come to mind after doing research is possibly changing the air filter housing, any idea's or does anyone have any issues as well ? Trike in question is a 2012, Thanks

Old 02-18-2017, 06:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by RG RON
Have any of you tri glide owners have any issues with your right leg contacting the air filter housing ? Reason I ask is my wife has been complaining that she has to kind of twist her right foot to apply the rear brakes and after several applications her foot aches. I looked at pedal extensions ,but it appears that different manufactures make extensions for most models except for the tri glide. Only idea that has come to mind after doing research is possibly changing the air filter housing, any idea's or does anyone have any issues as well ? Trike in question is a 2012, Thanks
What she is experiencing is not uncommon.

There are three solutions, either one will help some, and all 3 will make a big difference.

1. Get a lower profile Air Cleaner. The Outlaw 587 is the lowest profile Stage I Air Cleaner on the market. The Outlaw 606 is not quite as low profile as the 587, but does not stick out nearly as much as the stock A/C.

2. We do have brake pedals arms that are much more comfortable than the stock one, and they will fit your 2012 HD Trike. You can see them HERE.

3. Get an extended pedal. They will fit on the stock arm or the extended arms. You can see them HERE.

I personally run the Outlaw 606 air cleaner, the Extended Brake arm, and the oversize pedal on my own Tri-Glide. Makes a huge difference.

When I get on a Trike that is stock, it is very irritating after the comfort of those 3 together.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-19-2017, 01:01 PM
E-Z BRAKE
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have a pedal for the TRiGlide you may like. Much lower so you don't have to pick your leg up to use it.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

What Kevin said, I've done all 3 and plan to extend my floorboards out with his kit when I have the time. Parts for floorboards and oil filter relocation have been sitting in my shop for a month!

I hate it when work gets in the way of what I want to do!

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 06:36 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

On my last Ultra I not only installed an extended brake pad but I changed out the brake arm also.

On my TG I simply installed the extended brake pad assembly. I got the one from J&P that is chrome and rubber. Now when I get my floor boards extended out I will be good to go and I won't feel like I am curling around the air box to get on the brake anymore.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:51 AM
RG RON
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the idea's that have worked. I will let it up to her as to which route she chooses to go with this issue, Thanks again.