Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Demo Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:11 PM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 125 Likes on 82 Posts

Your dealer is full of it. I was up at my dealer on Saturday and watched a tech pull a demo windshield off a bike that had just come back from a test ride and replace it with the windshield the guy bought because he liked it on the test ride.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:21 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Inferno
I decided to go with the Ultra re-curve at 7" for now. Depending how it looks and works, I will then later order the Flat Top for the passengers benefit. A 7 is just about what I should need and I hope the re curve will help lift the wind a little. Did some more research on the DK deflector and that will be ordered soon also. Seems to work well but I am wondering if it will work better if I do a Tank Lift also.

Thanks for the tip
The re-curve will not help lift the wind a little - it will help A LOT! On my '14 Ultra, I went with a re-curve 1 or 2" shorter than stock. My stock windshield directed wind onto my helmet around the forehead area. My shorter LRS re-curve has the slipstream approximately 3-4" over my head. I'm confident you will not be disappointed. BTW, if I recall correctly, LRS has a "full satisfaction guarantee". Just make sure you keep the protective plastic on the shield until you decide whether you are keeping it or not. Remove the plastic - no return accepted. Good luck.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RedOregon
Your dealer is full of it. I was up at my dealer on Saturday and watched a tech pull a demo windshield off a bike that had just come back from a test ride and replace it with the windshield the guy bought because he liked it on the test ride.
Yeah I agree. I spoke with the accessories guy that I know and he said to talk with the parts manager because he has some in the back. They did however take down the display that they had showing the demo seats and the windshields.

The following users liked this post:
RedOregon (04-27-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
The re-curve will not help lift the wind a little - it will help A LOT! On my '14 Ultra, I went with a re-curve 1 or 2" shorter than stock. My stock windshield directed wind onto my helmet around the forehead area. My shorter LRS re-curve has the slipstream approximately 3-4" over my head. I'm confident you will not be disappointed. BTW, if I recall correctly, LRS has a "full satisfaction guarantee". Just make sure you keep the protective plastic on the shield until you decide whether you are keeping it or not. Remove the plastic - no return accepted. Good luck.
Thanks for the information and the tip about the protective plastic. I hope it is as you stated about how good it works. Will update once I receive it and test it.
Thanks once again