Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Demo Windshields

Old 04-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Demo Windshields

I'm trying to find a better windshield for my 17 TG. The stock one is too high for me and a 4" I had laying around is too low and the wind buffeting was terrible. Wanted to try the 7" Wind Splitter at the local dealer but I was told that HD does not have the demo program anymore for the windshields and seats. Has anyone else heard this also about the demos or should I just try another dealer? If its true, then they should allow you to return the item if its not right for you.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:07 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

My dealer had a test fit windscreen when I bought my FreeWheeler in December 2016. Parts department should have one readily available. Or they just don't want to sell parts at all.
I got the 16" windscreen. It is just below my line of sight.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:21 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Check Long Ride Shields site

LRS have a video to determine how high you need. look it over and give them a call on Monday they are in Las Vegas I believe at least Nevada I have dealt with them and they all ride and will bend over backwards to help. I have a half doz. but they won't help you mine are 13 and older I'm 5'8" and I use a nine inch flat top recurve Ride safely Fred

Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 PM
52edub
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Be careful of HD Windsplitters as they have distortion at the portion of the flip.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master

Thanks to all. I will check out the video and give LRS a call during the week. I also heard about the distortion problem with the Wind Splitter. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to test one before pulling the trigger. I may also try the wind deflectors that DK has if I don't find a suitable windshield.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default I like the air deflectors.

Originally Posted by Cool Inferno
Thanks to all. I will check out the video and give LRS a call during the week. I also heard about the distortion problem with the Wind Splitter. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to test one before pulling the trigger. I may also try the wind deflectors that DK has if I don't find a suitable windshield.

I would highly recommend them I do not smoke but I believe I could with my flat top windshield and air deflectors they work really well in my opinion. Ride safely Fred

Old 04-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master

Ordered a LRS windshield today using their website. They have a 70% off today. Sweet Deal

Old 04-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Default Cool now what did you get?

Ordered a LRS windshield today using their website. They have a 70% off today. Sweet Deal

Curious how tall and style you pick out? those guys are top notch if you have issues they treated me right Congrats on the new shield! ride safely Fred

Old 04-23-2017, 10:08 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Curious how tall and style you pick out? those guys are top notch if you have issues they treated me right Congrats on the new shield! ride safely Fred
I decided to go with the Ultra re-curve at 7" for now. Depending how it looks and works, I will then later order the Flat Top for the passengers benefit. A 7 is just about what I should need and I hope the re curve will help lift the wind a little. Did some more research on the DK deflector and that will be ordered soon also. Seems to work well but I am wondering if it will work better if I do a Tank Lift also.

Thanks for the tip

Old 04-24-2017, 06:26 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master

I decided to go with the Ultra re-curve at 7" for now. Depending how it looks and works, I will then later order the Flat Top for the passengers benefit. A 7 is just about what I should need and I hope the re curve will help lift the wind a little. Did some more research on the DK deflector and that will be ordered soon also. Seems to work well but I am wondering if it will work better if I do a Tank Lift also.

Thanks for the tip
You are certainly welcome I did a two inch lift with the spacers (deluxe option) a long time ago using both forces a lot more air down over motor, actually helps cool even better every little bit helps these huge motors. great choice on windshields keep us posted on how you like it. ride safely Fred

The following users liked this post:
Thor (04-28-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Demo Windshields