Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Rear fender bra trike

Old 04-25-2017, 08:02 AM
laabdog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear fender bra trike

I have a 2016 tri glide trike. I'm thinking about buying the Harley rear fender bra for the back fenders. Like to have some input on them and do you have to remove every time you wash it. Just seems like a hassle.
Thank you

Old 04-25-2017, 10:46 AM
so60
Club Member
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Search

There are many threads and post in this forum about the fender bras. Some like them and some do not like them at all. Just search for fender bras etc. You will find many opinions.

I personally had Xpel film installed on my 2016 on the front fender, fairing, headlight/aux lights,lowers, side covers, rear fenders and the flat area by each rear fender. Expensive, but very good/tough material.

http://www.xpel.com/

Last edited by so60; 04-25-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Avenger61
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by laabdog
I have a 2016 tri glide trike. I'm thinking about buying the Harley rear fender bra for the back fenders. Like to have some input on them and do you have to remove every time you wash it. Just seems like a hassle.
Thank you

I've had them on my 2016 TriGlide for almost a year now and I like them. I know they have prevented scuffs and scratches many times from me using the fenders to get on and off my knees when working on the bike. Taking them all the way off is a little painful, because they are held on the back with a tab under the tail light screws, but there is very little reason to take them off. They only have clips holding them under the front of the fender, so I just slide the clips off the front fender and fold them back to clean and polish underneath them. I check under them each time I clean the bike to ensure they don't have anything abrasive under them (or to clean if I was riding in the rain) that could scratch the paint. Other than that they are pretty low maintenance and look great!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I Have the Saddleman bra. I like it..I think it gives maximum protection. If you do not modify them they are a pain in the butt to take on and off. I modified mine to attach with velcro. I take them on an off in a minute.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

I debated getting them for months. Started looking around finally and ended up with the Harley ones. IMHO they look pretty good on a black bike, but I put them on more for protection than anything else. I also will slip them off to maintain the finish under them. I found that coating them with 303 protectant really keeps them looking good.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

We've had 3 trikes in the past 6 years and put the rear fender bra on each of them. Never took them off when washing the trike. Never even looked under them once they were on. Imo, they look good on some colors, black for sure, and not so great on other colors. But they do offer good protection.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

If you guys are interested, this is what I did to mine to make them easily removable. I used industrial velcro. The part under the lights is stencil material from a craft shop. I chose it because it is thin, flexible and rugged. I traced a pattern from the tab on the chap cut it and installed it under the light. The velcro stuck good to the stencil material but I had to have a couple stiches but into the tab on the chap to keep it from pulling away. It works great and I can take them on and off in a minute.

The following 2 users liked this post by Gitarded:
Cagmo (04-28-2017), Casper (04-27-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 01:05 PM
handdw
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you get the industrial velcro? Like Lowes?

Old 08-02-2017, 09:58 AM
handdw
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

so did you cut the part that actually goes under the light? I think i’m a bit confused

Old 08-05-2017, 06:36 PM
oldNbold
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by handdw
so did you cut the part that actually goes under the light? I think i’m a bit confused
Me too.
But I am following as i like this idea. I have the bra but havent installed them yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear fender bra trike