Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Oberon adjustable clutch and brake lever review on 2017 Tri Glide

Old 05-16-2017, 07:05 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Oberon adjustable clutch and brake lever review on 2017 Tri Glide

Oberon adjustable clutch and brake lever review on 2017 Tri Glide

As we all know the 2017 M8 models have a stiffer clutch feel or more like the lever takes hold further out. Really the clutch feels harder to pull and control because this puts yours fingers out more straight giving you less leverage.

I had got use to our 2017 clutch pull and release point with really no issues except one. This minor issue was in stop and go traffic my left wrist was getting a bit of a work out.

So I ordered the oberon adjustable levers from hogleverage.com. I ordered the clutch and the front brake lever so everything would match. These are expensive very high quality levers and the cost may not be for everyone.

The levers have 8 settings on them they come on setting 4. Setting 4 is simular to the factory levers for reach but and I say but they are shaped a little different giving better leverage. Even on setting 4 the trike take hold point on the clutch was better to me. For me I found setting 3 on the levers to be perfect on both levers.

The clutch takes hold perfect now not as far out towards the end like with the stock clutch lever. At the set point of 3 the lever worked perfect great clutch feel and release. The trike safety switches for starting all still worked perfect. Maybe if a guy put the setting at say the 1 position it then may have affected the switches. I don't know because I don't need that minimal of adjustment and I don't really think many if any folks would.

The clutch still has the same hydraulic feel or pressure when the lever is pulled in all the way to the grip this does not change. The thing that does change is the effort it takes to pull the clutch lever in towards the handle bar. The clutch lever now just plain feels so much more manageable and comfortable because of the extra leverage provided by the Oberon levers . Again I don't see the average guy with these levers needing much more than the 2 the 3 or 4 setting to make the 2017 M8 clutch pull and release sweet for them while at the same time moving the point where the clutch grabs or takes hold in closer towards the handle bar. Not out towards the end like the stock lever does on the 2017 models with a hydraulic clutch.

Now for the front brake lever,

To my surprise and the benefit of the front brake lever is the shape and also the adjustability. It gives you so much of a better modulation and brake feel than the factory lever. So I give the adjustable front brake lever Kudos too.

Yes, these levers are a little pricey but I am super happy with this upgrade on our 2017 Tri Glide. As said these levers may not be for everyone but they worked out great for me.

Ride Safe All,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails Oberon adjustable clutch and brake lever review on 2017 Tri Glide-img_5041.jpg   Oberon adjustable clutch and brake lever review on 2017 Tri Glide-img_5046.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (07-14-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 07:15 AM
nb472
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I ordered the Oberon adjustable clutch lever and it does everything the OP says it does. I found the lever to be too small for my hand and I could not reach the control paddle easily,( moves your hand outward) Not for me. Returned it.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Bill, kinda surprised to see you on a TG. Thought you were a FW guy.
Just kidding, hope you and the wife are doing well.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Clint44
Bill, kinda surprised to see you on a TG. Thought you were a FW guy.
Just kidding, hope you and the wife are doing well.
Clint44,

We got a 2017 Tri Glide and love it. It was a natural progression more comfort and features. The wife likes the comfort increase over the FW. She also likes more storage and the stereo in the helmets. Also it took a while to get the wife's buy in on the cost of a Tri Glide (she had to fall comepletly in love with trikes first.. Lol) I forced her to test Ride the Tri Glide with me, just kidding on that but that's all it took. She did like the FW but she much prefers the Tri Glide, I New she would..

We are doing well thanks for asking. I hope the same for you guys.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Old 07-08-2017, 08:32 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just got them installed very nice.

Last edited by wlibert; 07-08-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:33 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

on my 15 limited i had to use a thin flat washer between the lever and perch on the clutch side, i had a bit to much slop, other then that they are great.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:17 PM
cponline
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oberon adjustable clutch and brake levers on 2017 Road Glide

I have fat and short fingers so the reach on the stock levers was also a bit of a challenge. I just installed both the Oberon clutch and brake levers. They work as advertised. Really like how much easier the clutch is to control. The brake lever seems smoother and I can pull it with 3 fingers instead of just too.

Two small hits on the installation.
1. For the price they should come with a new spring clip and possibly a new pin, too. Even with spring clip pliers removing the OEM spring clicp distorted it and I would not recommend reuse. Halfway thru the installation I had to go the my local Harley shop and buy two pin and spring clip kits.
2. Oberon or Coast Fabrication should produce a brake install YouTube video, at least for the more popular bikes, because at least for my 2017 Road Glide the instructions in the Harley Touring manual are not helpful.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:27 AM
NHBAGGER
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Bill, which model/part number did you get/ Looks like they have a Std and an Airo?
I also did not see Tris listed in the website list?

Old 07-14-2017, 09:20 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the same ones Bill G installed, Love them. Doc

Old 07-14-2017, 07:28 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cponline
I have fat and short fingers so the reach on the stock levers was also a bit of a challenge. I just installed both the Oberon clutch and brake levers. They work as advertised. Really like how much easier the clutch is to control. The brake lever seems smoother and I can pull it with 3 fingers instead of just too.

Two small hits on the installation.
1. For the price they should come with a new spring clip and possibly a new pin, too. Even with spring clip pliers removing the OEM spring clicp distorted it and I would not recommend reuse. Halfway thru the installation I had to go the my local Harley shop and buy two pin and spring clip kits.
2. Oberon or Coast Fabrication should produce a brake install YouTube video, at least for the more popular bikes, because at least for my 2017 Road Glide the instructions in the Harley Touring manual are not helpful.

I carefully removed the clips with my spring clip pliers and carefully re installed them and had none of the issues you had.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oberon adjustable clutch and brake lever review on 2017 Tri Glide