Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2016 Triglide at a Bike Dealership attempting to install a lift kit and shocks!!!

Old 06-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Mike in MD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Triglide at a Bike Dealership attempting to install a lift kit and shocks!!!

Delete

Attached Thumbnails 2016 Triglide at a Bike Dealership attempting to install a lift kit and shocks!!!-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Mike in MD; 06-08-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:51 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I know the feeling. I asked a local dealer last weekend if he could install my lift kit and Progressive 444 shocks and initially he refused to install the lift kit but after talking to the Service Mngr they accepted to do it. Shocks plus lift kit : $200 labor.
Then I asked them if they could take the reverse motor off the bike while they're working on it and they told me that it would cost me ........... $500 extra to do it.
Really???
Needless to say, I told them to go pound sand. Someone else will get my business.

On another note, how do you like the CFRs? I had them on my 2009 Ultra and loved them. I think I'm gonna put another set on my Triglide, I miss this unique deep sound. What headers do you have?

Old 06-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Mike in MD
Novice

I love the CFR'S no complaints at all. I just can't believe this dealership can't install shocks and a lift kit. The vendo is even helping them with a install video!!!

Old 06-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Avenger61
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in MD
Not going to mention any names but this is getting really getting old. My trike has been sitting at a dealership for two days totally torn apart. They are trying to install shocks & a lift kit but say one won't work with the other etc etc. I have seen several Trikes with the same set up on the forums and in videos etc. Plus there are a lot of people that have installed there kits and shocks right in there own garage. So sad.

Maybe you should mention the name of that dealership so everyone knows to never go there. If they can't install that setup they should just lock the doors and sell hot dogs!!

Old 06-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Mike in MD
Novice

I hear that! I just called them and I still didn't get a straight answer. Waiting on a call back.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Frankss
4th Gear

I hear you and have total empathy. Same people show their bikes with this and that on it yet dealer says can't do. Very frustrating experience. In hindsight may have gone a totally diff route than with this HD.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:47 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in MD
I hear that! I just called them and I still didn't get a straight answer. Waiting on a call back.
The Techs may be able to work more hours on it now that High School is getting out for the summer.

The following 2 users liked this post by perki48:
Gitarded (06-13-2017), TwiZted Biker (06-10-2017)
Old 06-10-2017, 11:37 AM
EC145Pilot
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lifting Point

Just an observation, looking at your picture.

It appears they have the lift under the center housing. That may be their issue.
The lift needs to be under the frame, so the axle can be manipulated (raised and lowered independently of the frame) to install the lift brackets and shocks.

That was my experience.

Regards,

Old 06-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by EC145Pilot
Just an observation, looking at your picture.

It appears they have the lift under the center housing. That may be their issue.
The lift needs to be under the frame, so the axle can be manipulated (raised and lowered independently of the frame) to install the lift brackets and shocks.

That was my experience.

Regards,
Good catch. I would have told them to buckle it up and took it somewhere else already. Whoever is working on it obviously has not done it before and not familiar at all with the TG. I would be worried that he would screw something else up also while scratching his head.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:37 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,243 Likes on 11,134 Posts

The service manual says to remove the rear body, to change out the shocks. But, it's not necessary. You just need to use a box wrench on the upper bolt once it starts coming out.

Also, you can't install a lift kit with 13" shocks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Triglide at a Bike Dealership attempting to install a lift kit and shocks!!!