Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Passenger comfort

Old 06-24-2017, 04:44 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

I now have the Sundowner seat for my FreeWheeler. Next is a decision on which backrest with some type of arm support. There are two choices from responses so now we will have to choose.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:10 PM
mstcswagb20
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sloufoot and Clint44 mentioned the "Motorcycle Rear Armrest" option. I have the Radial back version to fit the stock HD Freewheeler sissybar. It has a couple of height adjustments for the arms depending on your passenger's preference. The wife really likes it, but it is a bit of a tight fit when used in conjunction with the driver back rest. It does receive its share of compliments for looks so that's a plus! I apologize if these pics come out huge. I tried to reduce them but it just reduced the quality, not the physical size. Hope these help.

With cup holder in open position

The following 2 users liked this post by mstcswagb20:
ord sgt (07-22-2017), sloufoot (06-30-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 12:27 PM
mstcswagb20
Intermediate

I have some pics coming (if the mod approves them!) of the Motorcycle Rear Armrest on my Freewheeler. Short story.....wife likes it, looks good!

Old 07-22-2017, 02:48 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

Just put the Motorcycle rear arm rest on my heritage - nice product! & the owners a good guy! not really arm rests - BUT its much better than nothing, wife loves it.

Oh BTW - I looked into the tour rest & they didn't seem to with it & no options (studs, conchos, fringe - if you want it, etc) seemed a little pricey for a back rest pad & no cup holder.

Last edited by LXT; 07-22-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added
Old 07-22-2017, 06:59 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mstcswagb20
Sloufoot and Clint44 mentioned the "Motorcycle Rear Armrest" option. I have the Radial back version to fit the stock HD Freewheeler sissybar. It has a couple of height adjustments for the arms depending on your passenger's preference. The wife really likes it, but it is a bit of a tight fit when used in conjunction with the driver back rest. It does receive its share of compliments for looks so that's a plus! I apologize if these pics come out huge. I tried to reduce them but it just reduced the quality, not the physical size. Hope these help.

This is the backrest that I bought. I had spoken on the telephone with the man that makes the backrest. Bought it thru J&P cycles.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:20 PM
LXT
Road Master
Received 553 Likes on 341 Posts

yep Delmar & Jean Graber....... Very nice folks! nice back rests too. Enjoy - it looks great!

Old 07-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by LXT
Oh BTW - I looked into the tour rest & they didn't seem to with it & no options (studs, conchos, fringe - if you want it, etc) seemed a little pricey for a back rest pad & no cup holder.

If I were buying a Freewheeler today, I personally wouldn't spend what H-D wants for their seats and backrests. Instead, I would purchase a Mustang or Corbin seat with their optional slide-in backrests.

This is our Corbin "Dual Touring" seat, with slide-in passenger backrest. Since that photo was taken, we have purchased a larger backrest from them.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger comfort-corbin-seat-750x540.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Fearless (old nickname) (07-25-2017)
Old 02-21-2018, 06:36 PM
Ben Wells
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backrest and armrest

Where did you purchase this?

Old 02-21-2018, 07:03 PM
mstcswagb20
Intermediate
Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Ben Wells
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sissy bar

Thank you. Do happen to know what size sissy bar and backrest you have?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passenger comfort