Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Speaker Upgrade Boom Audio Stage II or Hog Tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 09:31 AM
Runcy12
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Speaker Upgrade Boom Audio Stage II or Hog Tunes?

Before anyone says this should go to the Audio Tech forum, I have been browsing over there and left more confused than I was before.

I have a 2017 Tri-Glide with the Premium Boom Audio system, and want to add the amp(s) and upgrade the 2 front fairing speakers and the 2 tour pak speakers. I am not too interested in the lower fairing speakers at this point, but may add at a lower date.

As mentioned in the title I think I want to stay with either the Boom Audio or Hogtunes systems and would like some feedback from Tri-Glide owners.

You all have been extremely helpful with questions, and I am eager to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Runcy12
Advanced

wow......200 views and not one reply? Thought I would at least get a wrong forum post. You all have been very helpful on everything Trike. Thanks again!

Old 06-23-2017, 08:23 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Havent upgraded the sound system. Still running factory tunes.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:49 AM
jmhenrie
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default harley boom

law abiding bikers recommend the hd boom speaker amp upgrade, I listened to a 8 speaker\3 amp HD Boom setup last week it was awesome sounding had most of the dealership dancing.
have not heard the Hog tunes so cant compare
mike

Old 06-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Runcy12
Advanced

I have just heard the "display" HD Boom Audio upgrades and they sound pretty darn good, with added bass and mid range. I have also heard some bad reviews of the same system.

I really don't want to go all out like the guys in the "audio" forum with all kinds of different amps and such. Prefer a plug and play system that will just improve the decent quality I have now.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:09 PM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 175 Likes on 125 Posts

I can tell you I had Hog Tunes speakers on my Street Glide and they were a significant upgrade from stock. I have heard the Boom speakers on the wall, and I imagine they are good. I just wanted to weigh in with how I was happy with the Hog Tunes speakers which were cheaper at the time.

The following users liked this post:
Maccam26 (01-05-2020)
Old 06-27-2017, 07:09 PM
jkchipster
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i spent a small fortune on HD Boom Audio upgrade and hated it. At highway speed it was terrible. Sold everything for pennies on the dollar on EBay. Went with Biketronics amp and speakers. All with a lifetime warranty. Could not be happier.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:27 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

If I were going to do an audio upgrade, I'd go the Biketronics route. I spent crazy money on my Road Glide for audio stuff that wasn't worth the money spent until I bought Biketronics products.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:57 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I hardly noticed a difference adding 4 stage 1 speakers.(I used points on a discount day)
I know my quality isn't perfect and I would like just a little more bass, but I'm really confused on how I can live with mine, hear it at 90 mph in traffic & hurt my ears at 60 mph with 2 bars to go. Maybe it's how I recorded it or classic rock isn't as demanding as new crap? That's with jackpot 2-1-2 and RCX slip-ons.
I would like to add an amp and lower speakers, but a need to hear it in person to reach in my pocket.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:49 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

It's also amazing what wearing a set of earplugs will accomplish. The Boom Audio sounds pretty good with earplugs going down the road. And far less money than amp and speakers.

Quick Reply: Speaker Upgrade Boom Audio Stage II or Hog Tunes?