Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Lift and Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Allenk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift and Shocks

Just bought a 2017 Tri Glide and want to do anything I can to make the ride as smooth as possible for my wife. What recommendations do you have? Want to do it right the first time so wondering what you have tried and what works best.
Thanks

Old 06-20-2017, 02:55 PM
52edub
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Call DK Customs. Lift kit and shocks

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 05:46 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Allenk
Just bought a 2017 Tri Glide and want to do anything I can to make the ride as smooth as possible for my wife. What recommendations do you have? Want to do it right the first time so wondering what you have tried and what works best.
Thanks
Congratulations on your new ride!!!

Here is a LINK to a Report on Rear Shocks.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ was designed with the 2017 specifically in mind...to give a lift, a smoother ride and better handling, with an easy install. See it HERE.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Go for the Comfort Lift from DK. You won't regret it. After installing them, lower the rear tire air pressure a little and look for that sweet spot. I have a 17 TG also and went that route. For further comfort for the Mrs, I also installed the HD handrail adapters. She didn't think it was needed before I installed them but she is happy now with them.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cool Inferno:
DK Custom (06-20-2017), Muffbrorick (06-21-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 02:00 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Congratulations on your new ride!!!

Here is a LINK to a Report on Rear Shocks.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ was designed with the 2017 specifically in mind...to give a lift, a smoother ride and better handling, with an easy install. See it HERE.
Kevin what would you recommend for my '14 Tri-Glide? When I get this swing arm issue out of the way I need to care of another problem that I think happened because my wife was on the back. I put some new mufflers on my trike and they are not tapered like the factory mufflers. I took it out for a 10 mile ride and then it went in to a covered trailer to go to a dealership that was going to give me their take own the swing arm issue so I hadn't ridden it until the day I got it back and then I did a 70 mile ride with wife on it. We got home and I noticed that the left muffler was no longer round on the lower edge of the tip so I looked underneath and it definitely hit something so I am wondering if the extra weight is causing the thing to sit so low that a bump or something smacked it or maybe loading it on the trailer caused it because of the angle of the door. I didn't hear anything like that so I'm not sure what to do. I think I need to get the mufflers up higher but I don't know how to do that without causing the tips for press up against the rear section under the trunk. I don't even know if the height of the mufflers can be adjusted with some suspension upgrade.

Last edited by wlibert; 06-23-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:13 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by wlibert
Kevin what would you recommend for my '14 Tri-Glide? When I get this swing arm issue out of the way I need to care of another problem that I think happened because my wife was on the back. I put some new mufflers on my trike and they are not tapered like the factory mufflers. I took it out for a 10 mile ride and then it went in to a covered trailer to go to a dealership that was going to give me their take own the swing arm issue so I hadn't ridden it until the day I got it back and then I did a 70 mile ride with wife on it. We got home and I noticed that the left muffler was no longer round on the lower edge of the tip so I looked underneath and it definitely hit something so I am wondering if the extra weight is causing the thing to sit so low that a bump or something smacked it or maybe loading it on the trailer caused it because of the angle of the door. I didn't hear anything like that so I'm not sure what to do. I think I need to get the mufflers up higher but I don't know how to do that without causing the tips for press up against the rear section under the trunk. I don't even know if the height of the mufflers can be adjusted with some suspension upgrade.
The Convertible Comfort Lift™ will work great on your 2014. Details HERE.

The beauty of the Convertible is that it easily fits on all Harley Trikes, including the tighter clearanced '17's.

Kevin

The following users liked this post:
wlibert (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 03:00 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
The Convertible Comfort Lift™ will work great on your 2014. Details HERE.

The beauty of the Convertible is that it easily fits on all Harley Trikes, including the tighter clearanced '17's.

Kevin
Then that's what I'll do after this swing arm mess is done. I got an update earlier today.