Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.

Let me start this review by saying I formerly used and tested the first version of these lift brackets the original 1-2 lift brackets on my 2017 Tri Glide. These brackets worked excellent and solved the issue with clearance between the weld on the exhaust header and the swing arm on the 2017 model Trikes. Many vendors at first concerning the clearance issue on the 2017 models dis missed the issue on them as a one off issues with only certain 2017 models. Tri Glide Stuff did not and started addressing this issue early on working with dealers and testers like myself with the issue. (I want to make clear I paid for these brackets because I needed them to solve my clearance issue and I was willing to test them no special favors were done here).

Now as time has went on other vendors are as well dealing with this issue offering simular ideas on lift brackets.

On to the new design adjustible lift brackets,

Dennis at Tri Glide Stuff has now come out with a new version of this lift bracket the adjustable lift bracket that offers two lift adjustments. A 1.2" lift as well as the 1.5" lift all in one bracket. This lift bracket allows the normal stock shock position and the more laid back (easy ride) shock position. You will see three shock positions on the brackets. In the 1.5" lift position for the stock shock placement you use the 1st hole towards the font of the trike as reference and for the easy ride shock position you use the middle hole. For the 1.2" lift position you use the middle hole for the stock shock position and the third hole towards the back of the trike for reference for the easy ride shock position.

These lift brackets are of excellent quality and fit all year trikes. They give you in one lift bracket design all the adjustability you could need to set up your trike just right for your needs. They also allow you to change your mind or your set up for fit reasons all in one lift bracket by design, very well thought out.

The install on my 2017 Tri Glide was a breeze and very easy to do. The adjustable lift brackets fit perfect.
The ride and steering was great. This did not surprise me at all because it has been proven time and time again what lift brackets do for Harley Trikes. There were no surprises here and the performance improvements were spot on.

So if your looking at lift options for your Tri Glide, keep these well made well thought out adjustable lift brackets in mind. The quality is top notch from the machine work to the fit and finish. It is my understanding at this point these brackets will be offered in a sweet red color the ones I tested were done in blue and they are staying on our trike.

Thank you to Dennis at Tri Glide Stuff for allowing me to test these brackets they worked great on our 2017 Tri Glide. They also look great in the blue test color that matches our blue Tri Glide very cool. The red would have matched our Pro Action shocks too but I really like the blue.

Just added update,

I just added a pic below of the red lift brackets on another trike from Tri Glide Stuff web page just to show the color. Note- in the pic the red lift brackets shown are in the second lift position the 1.5" lift with the shocks in the easy ride position.

Ride Safe everyone,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-image5.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-image9.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-image11.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-image3.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-image14.jpg  

Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-image13.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-img_2226.jpg  

Last edited by Bill G; 06-24-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Spelling & add information
The following 2 users liked this post by Bill G:
Cagmo (07-25-2017), Gunnysgt (07-03-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 04:01 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Big Blue Just Got Bluer

BillG, love those! Got a set of those for myself. Pix to follow! I opted for the same height as yours but chose the standard position (middle bolt hole).

The following users liked this post:
Bill G (07-07-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheBobs
BillG, love those! Got a set of those for myself. Pix to follow! I opted for the same height as yours but chose the standard position (middle bolt hole).

Bob,

Pic's would be great.

These lift brackets are very well made (very heavy duty) great machine work and attention to detail in there design. I like the duel lift 6 bolt hole two position design 1.2" & 1.5" and the multi shock position option all in one bracket. After seeing these lift brackets and installing them I personaly like the fact they were not designed to pivot on the top bolt with only one shock position to get the extra lift out of the bracket.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Last edited by Bill G; 06-29-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:27 PM
TheBobs
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bill G
Bob,

Pic's would be great.

These lift brackets are very well made (very heavy duty) great machine work and attention to detail in there design. I like the duel lift 6 bolt hole two position design 1.2" & 1.5" and the multi shock position option all in one bracket. After seeing these lift brackets and installing them I personaly like the fact they were not designed to pivot on the top bolt with only one shock position to get the extra lift out of the bracket.

Ride Safe,
Bill G
Bill, I only regret that they aren't more visible, cuz they deserve to be seen a lot more than they are are installed! I'll get those pix resized in a couple days and post 'em up

Bill G (07-07-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I decided to go with TGlide stuff lift brackets this time rather than the other available. I got to say Dennis was rocket fast on shipping. They mounted up with no issues since I followed his directions rather than winging it. Tried the rear shock layback position. All is well, getting ready for a 1200 mile round trip this week to Cincinnati.

Bill G (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 12:03 PM
TheBobs
Road Master

Bill, almost forgot my pix. Here they are. I picked the standard shock angle for mine, but same #1 position as yours.
I'm gonna move mine to the #2 position and compare ride quality on each shock angle.

Attached Thumbnails Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-img_3081.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-img_3082.jpg   Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.-img_3087.jpg  

Last edited by TheBobs; 07-07-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Bill G (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Default Great Job.

Originally Posted by TheBobs
Bill, almost forgot my pix. Here they are. I picked the standard shock angle for mine, but same #1 position as yours.
I'm gonna move mine to the #2 position and compare ride quality on each shock angle.

Bob that looks good, great job.

On the shock angle in theory the more relaxed position should allow the shock function to be more efficient. I have the Pro Action replacement rear shocks on our 2017 Tri Glide. The owner of Pro Action recommended in a phone conversation with me the more laid back or easy ride position to me over the stock shock position when mounting. He also stated or confirmed the information I stated in my first sentence concerning shock function and efficiency concerning the two diffrent shock angles.

Let me know if you notice a diffrence.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Old 07-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
I decided to go with TGlide stuff lift brackets this time rather than the other available. I got to say Dennis was rocket fast on shipping. They mounted up with no issues since I followed his directions rather than winging it. Tried the rear shock layback position. All is well, getting ready for a 1200 mile round trip this week to Cincinnati.
I am so glad it all worked well for you and yes the instructions are really good. Yes Dennis is pretty good on taking care of things and he ships out fast. As said his new design brackets work great and are spot on with the machine work and finish.

Have a great time on your trip.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Old 07-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Trip itself went fine but my clutch took a total dump the next morning. Just got it back from the dealer. Replaced the actuator and rebuilt the master cylinder. I thought Harley had a grip on the fluid clutch thing by now but I guess not.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:26 PM
harrell42
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default llif kits

I have a 2009 tri glide and I have read about the great ride improvement and handling better on the tri glide with these kits. I must be missing something because I installed them and the only thing I can tell is that I have more ground clearance. I think they are over rated by a lots.
but the extra ground clearance does help.
ROLLER

Quick Reply: Tri Glide Stuff New Adjustable Lift Brackets Quick Review.