Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Clutch lever

Old 07-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Big Gonzo
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch lever

Just recently bought my wife a 2014 Triglide I was wondering if I can adjust the clutch lever to accommodate her small hands, or is there a lever out on the market that can help her? Any help will be appreciated.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:39 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 507 Likes on 442 Posts

You have the hydraulic activated clutch so there isn't any clutch adjustment.
Several companies make reduced reach/adjustable levers. Do a search for "reduced reach clutch lever". Softbrake & Oberon @ Hogleverage are 2 possibilities.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:52 AM
JTimes
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out HogLeverage. They sell adjustable levers that will work with the hydraulic clutch. I know some ladies on my Freewheeler FB page that have used them on their trikes. http://www.hogleverage.com/store/c23..._FLHTCUTG.html

Old 07-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Peddler95
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put on the Oberon clutch lever this week.
Only have about 100 miles using it but, overall, am well pleased with it.
Solved the biggest problem I had with starting hard left corner turns (turning around especially) where the left grip is close to my body, limiting my ability to feather the clutch.
My only complaint is, I would like to use the number one position, it works perfectly with the exception it takes away the ability to start the engine in gear. I guess it does not allow the lever to move far enough to close the clutch switch but does completely disengage the clutch.
This makes it pretty far from an adjustable lever. If 3 is about the same as the stock lever (as stated by the seller) and 1 has the problem I stated, that leaves only one selection (2).

Old 07-28-2017, 10:57 AM
rhino 2
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Peddler95
Just put on the Oberon clutch lever this week.
Only have about 100 miles using it but, overall, am well pleased with it.
Solved the biggest problem I had with starting hard left corner turns (turning around especially) where the left grip is close to my body, limiting my ability to feather the clutch.
My only complaint is, I would like to use the number one position, it works perfectly with the exception it takes away the ability to start the engine in gear. I guess it does not allow the lever to move far enough to close the clutch switch but does completely disengage the clutch.
This makes it pretty far from an adjustable lever. If 3 is about the same as the stock lever (as stated by the seller) and 1 has the problem I stated, that leaves only one selection (2).
I have the Oberon, Like you say with #1 the trike will only start in neural...'
For me #2 is just right, So its set it and forget it...The other problem is the lever is too short, And crimps my hand a little. I'll live with it because the stock lever's engagement point was way too abrupt for me...But just like everything else in life there are compromises to be made......

Old 08-02-2017, 08:28 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rhino 2
I have the Oberon, Like you say with #1 the trike will only start in neural...'
For me #2 is just right, So its set it and forget it...The other problem is the lever is too short, And crimps my hand a little. I'll live with it because the stock lever's engagement point was way too abrupt for me...But just like everything else in life there are compromises to be made......
I have found the same as you, But can live with it. One other thing is I have the magnum grips and can on start in neutral and keep #2 postion