Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Part number for KW 2+2 Narrow Sweeper

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Part number for KW 2+2 Narrow Sweeper

Looking for the part number for the Krome Werks 2+2 Narrow Sweeper that will work on a 17 TG. I think it's part #300519 but various vendors including Dennis Kirk and others say that it won't fit. Any help with this will be great and if you have any experience with these on a 17 TG let me know about it. I need to lean back a little. My back and wrist were killing me after Biketoberfest.

Thanks

Old 10-28-2017, 09:48 PM
pacemakertom
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Part# 300519 is corect..
Purchased from motorcycle superstore thru Amazon.
Fit perfectly.
My second set.

Tom

Old 10-28-2017, 10:54 PM
Recan
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

I just put the 300517 on my '17. Dennis Kirk said it wouldn't fit mine. Fit fine.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:23 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master

Thanks for the info. Now it's time to order. Hopefully those bars will work for me.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:06 AM
Recan
Tourer

Originally Posted by pacemakertom
Part# 300519 is corect..
Purchased from motorcycle superstore thru Amazon.
Fit perfectly.
My second set.

Tom
There was what I consider a drawback to the bars I installed. I don't know if others are the same or not.

The hole up by the controls was too small for the plug on the switch packs to fit through so I could run the wires internally. Not wanting to take off the plugs or alter the bars by drilling the holes bigger, I chose to run those wires externally.

Was that a problem for you?
Thanks, Bob

Old 10-29-2017, 09:44 PM
pacemakertom
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

No, I disconnected the plug and had no issues.

Tom

The following users liked this post:
Recan (11-02-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master

Just a quick update I received the handlebar and installed it on my 17 TG. I did the wiring internally and did not have to take apart any plugs. As for the control wires, I disconnected them from the control switches and routed them from the bottom hole to the dimple holes. I did also use the wire extension kit available at the dealer. That made things easy in that I did not have to mess with moving the connectors that are located under the radio. The extension kit was about $30 at the dealer.

I can say that I am really happy now that I changed the bars. Now I can lean back some more and the grip angle is right on. Not sure if its just me, but I also feel that the steering is easier now. This was a good change for sure.

Recan (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Recan
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cool Inferno
Just a quick update I received the handlebar and installed it on my 17 TG. I did the wiring internally and did not have to take apart any plugs. As for the control wires, I disconnected them from the control switches and routed them from the bottom hole to the dimple holes. I did also use the wire extension kit available at the dealer. That made things easy in that I did not have to mess with moving the connectors that are located under the radio. The extension kit was about $30 at the dealer.

I can say that I am really happy now that I changed the bars. Now I can lean back some more and the grip angle is right on. Not sure if its just me, but I also feel that the steering is easier now. This was a good change for sure.
I have been waiting to hear how it worked out for you and am glad that it all went well and glad that you are happy with them. Mine is definitely easier to steer because they are a little over three inches wider giving more leverage. It's great when things work out isn't it? If I'm ever back into mine, I will do the wires internally. Thanks for the update. Bob

Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 389 Likes on 255 Posts

Same here, but I gave up on running the wires internally on my '14 even with the extensions; it sure seemed like I'd have to open up the holes to get anything through there. But I put them on two years ago, maybe they changed the design a bit.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Cool Inferno
Road Master

Regan
Yes it sure does feel great when things work out. Thanks for the help and input with the installation of the bars.

Recan (11-11-2017)

Quick Reply: Part number for KW 2+2 Narrow Sweeper