Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Recent Extended Warranty Prices

Old 01-03-2018, 09:13 PM
so60
Club Member
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Recent Extended Warranty Prices

I have read several threads about extended warranties from HD, but I didn't find anything with fairly recent quotes for my 2016 Tri Glide Ultra. Anybody in here got any recent quotes for the 7 year warranty without the tire warranty coverage. I have to make a move before the end of February. Best I have found is $2,300.00 with no tax charge. Thanks for any help. I am looking at the HD warranty, not third party. I have decided I definitely am going to purchase the warranty. With the cost of replacement parts and labor I had rather have it than to take a chance.

Last edited by so60; 01-03-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:21 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Boardtracker Harley offers ESP plans at a much better rate. Go to https://www.discountesp.com You can purchase a 6 year extended warranty with tire and wheel for just under $1,500 if your trike/bike is 2014 or newer and still has the factory warranty remaining.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:50 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is the mods you have already done to your trike. Many could void any warranty if the company finds out about them.
Just because you have a dealer that has overlooked the mods, others might not do so. They are always looking for ways not to pay for things. They aren't out there to defend the rider !

Old 01-04-2018, 03:49 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

The extended warranty you're talking about is a 3rd party plan that is endorsed by HD, not a HD warranty. Its a good plan, but I'd take a hard look at Boardtracker's option. If I remember correctly, it has some advantages over the HD endorsed plan (deductible & renewal come to mind). Whatever you do, I think the tire & wheel coverage is worth the extra money on a trike, especially if you're extending out another 5 years. Those big tires & wheels on the back are expensive.

The following users liked this post:
Discount ESP (01-27-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 07:03 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

My 2 year factory warranty is up in about 4 months. My 2016 has had two issues covered under warranty. The seat stitching came apart within 2,000 miles and the front brake master cylinder had to be replaced under 6,000 miles. I have been on the bubble trying to decide on getting an extended warranty or not.

Anyone with the Boardtracker warranty have any experience with claims?

Old 01-04-2018, 10:11 AM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Does the dealer you get the extended warranty from still have to be in the state that you reside in?
That was like that a few years ago to prevent shopping around for the best prices out of the state you live in.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Snickers#1948
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased a Mechanical Failure Service Contracr New Motorcycle Coverage from Fidelity Warranty Services Inc in Deerfield Fl. They were higher than HD, but cover ANY PART ADDED THAT WAS MADE FOR MY TRIKE! Aftermarket parts may void the HD warranty as stated in their documents. This coverage will NOT void the warranty if the part was made for my Motorcycle. (The HD extended warranty still follows the HD plan so the addition of “non approved “parts would void the warranty ). Caveat Emptor,

The following users liked this post:
MadMexican (02-16-2020)
Old 01-04-2018, 12:54 PM
so60
Club Member
Default ESP out of state

Originally Posted by azbob09
Does the dealer you get the extended warranty from still have to be in the state that you reside in?
That was like that a few years ago to prevent shopping around for the best prices out of the state you live in.
From my recent experience checking on all these ESP plans I have found the following info:

1. I have received 5 or 6 prices from HD dealers both in my State and out of State for the HD (from CNA) plan. So, obviously they can sell to out of state customers. Many people do this, especially if their state charges Sales Tax on the plan.

2. I understand that HD can turn down any work if you have mods on your bike. I do have a basic Stage 1 mod. However, I am willing to take a chance that any problems I have "probably" will not be for any major engine or tranny problems, and maybe the dealer will still cover it with the ESP. As usual, some dealers will and some will not. I know "you never know", but it is a game of odds. I do not hot rod my bike and take very good care of it. I am getting this ESP mostly for things like reverse motors, electrical problems, rear end or suspension problems, gauges, switches etc.

3. If I am going to have to gamble that some work, not even pertaining to the engine or Stage 1 work, is going to be turned down, I am going to gamble with the $1,385.00 Boardtracker ESP instead of the $2,000.00 plus HD plan.

$. I understand that the Boardtracker plan is now administered via First Extended and not Cornerstone. Supposedly they changed so it could be sold in Florida and California. Again, I am not a HD know it all, and if anything I stated above is not true I will certainly "yield" to the experts.

Last edited by so60; 01-04-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:03 PM
so60
Club Member
Default Hmmmm.

Originally Posted by Snickers#1948
I purchased a Mechanical Failure Service Contracr New Motorcycle Coverage from Fidelity Warranty Services Inc in Deerfield Fl. They were higher than HD, but cover ANY PART ADDED THAT WAS MADE FOR MY TRIKE! Aftermarket parts may void the HD warranty as stated in their documents. This coverage will NOT void the warranty if the part was made for my Motorcycle. (The HD extended warranty still follows the HD plan so the addition of “non approved “parts would void the warranty ). Caveat Emptor,
I hope it works out for you, but just about all of the reviews (but not all) I have seen online via Google searches for Fidelity Warranty Services are rated 2 star at the most. I did notice that the BBB has them listed as 4 star though. However, I have no personal experience with them and am not trying to start any arguments.

Last edited by so60; 01-04-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:48 PM
ultrafxr
Cruiser
Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

From my own personal experience with H-D factory warranty and H-D sponsored ESP administered by CNA. If you've made mods to your bike that could result in a denial of a claim your dealer is not the decision maker. Now the dealer can facilitate by not saying anything about the mods but if the repair is significant enough (and I don't know what the threshold amount is) then H-D or CNA for ESP can and will send in field rep to inspect and approve or deny. In some cases I've known of service reps that were in the dealership for a specific claim that nonetheless reviewed other claims that might not in and of themselves warranted a visit. So it is a bit of a gamble and if the field rep denies a claim I seriously doubt the dealer will foot the bill out of the goodness of his heart. If he said he would I'd insist that it be in writing.

I've talked to Boardtracker extensively about their ESP plans and yes they did change administrators early in 2017 so they could sell in Florida and California where Cornerstone could not. But the Cornerstone ESP is still available from them for the other states . . . just ask. I have the Cornerstone wheel and tire ESP on my 2018 Tri-Glide and plan to buy their mechanical coverage ESP before my factory warranty expires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recent Extended Warranty Prices