Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

JS Jack & Mid-step

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JS Jack & Mid-step

Hello
I have a 2016 Triglide and use my 2017 JSJack newer model ,(goes In from left if you were sitting on trike).My question, will the trike jsjack work with the mid -step and the “U” bolts or would they be in the way? Thank you in advance.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:38 PM
so60
Club Member
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Not Sure

Triglide16, I do have a new model J&S jack but I do not have the mid step. As you know nothing can hang below the frame rails that the jack would contact, but I guess you are thinking something might come in contact with the frame of the jack. DK Custom Products sells a mid step and I bet Kevin or Devin would be glad to give you an answer or at least a "dang good" opinion. It would probably be a matter of how far forward or back it is mounted and how it mounts. I have never seen one installed. The bracket in the pictures at DK looks pretty stout and does seem to hang down below the frame rail. Call them or PM Kevin or Devin on this forum.

Last edited by so60; 02-08-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Default Thank you

I was thinking or hoping that someone had already done it .
Thank you again

Old 02-08-2018, 02:51 PM
so60
Club Member
Default Yep, slow right now.

Originally Posted by Triglide16
I was thinking or hoping that someone had already done it .
Thank you again
Yeah, and I bet somebody has. This forum (and others) get a little slow during the winter months. Somebody will probably eventually respond.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Default Anyone try these two??

I called DK today and I am still hoping to hear from somebody if they were able to use a JS Jack with a mid- step on a triglide.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:41 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

I called DK today and I am still hoping to hear from somebody if they were able to use a JS Jack with a mid- step on a triglide.
I wish we had a better answer for you when you called yesterday.

We just don't know, as we don't have, nor have we used, a J&S Jack.

These photos may help. As you can see in this photo, the Trike Mid-Step has one bar that goes across the frame rails, from one side to another.

You can see more photos at this LINK.

The questions are:

Does the J&S have any part of the jack that is near the frame rails at that center point?

Does the J&S have any part that gets closer to the trike than the outside edge of the rider floorboards (because the mid step stick out that far also)

To me it looks like it the front rail of the jack would be close...but maybe you can send J&S the photo of the Trike above with the Mid-Step, and see what they say.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Default Thank you !!!

I’ll keep waiting , someone knows lol. . It’s just so close and that mid step ain’t cheap. Not as much as I paid for your shocks but up there .

Old 02-15-2018, 06:46 AM
Triglide16
Intermediate

I’ll keep waiting , someone knows lol. . It’s just so close and that mid step ain’t cheap. Not as much as I paid for your shocks but up there .
Did not mean this to be taken negative just meant everything is expensive.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Triglide16
Intermediate
Default Anyone ...Anyone at all

someone must have this set up or maybe you know someone.Thank you.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:18 PM
so60
Club Member
Default Someone has to know????

Well it has been 9 months now and I was hoping someone had tried this mid step and could confirm whether or not it will work with the J&S jack. I really like my J&S, but I am getting to the point I have to do something pretty soon. I can still kick my right leg out and over the seat of my 16 TGU. However getting off is a little harder. I have to plant my left leg, lean hard to the left and step back while pulling my right leg over the seat. I usually have to "hop" one step out with my left leg so my right leg can clear the left side of the trike. I just had an orthopedic guy xray my knees and I do not have the kind of damage to require a knee replacement.. He said it is tendons scraping on the top of the knee cap. All I know is that when I get down on the ground, if I can't find something to help me push up with my arms, my knee feels like somebody has a knife stuck in it. It hurts like hell and my brain tells me "ok buddy, I am going to put you flat on the ground and leave you if you keep doing this". It really hurts and it is like a bad nerve pain. My left knee is not quite as bad.

The Doctor told me they could give one of two kinds of shots. One shot shoots a lubricant of some type into the knee cap area and he says some people have pretty good results. The other shot I think was just some kind of pain shot that probably would not last very long. I can push up with the knee if I don't have to start from higher than 8 or 10 inches. If I have to start down on the ground I can't push up, the pain just is too much. I really wish I could just get a knee replacement, but they don't seem to think it qualifies. I think I would like to try the mid-step, but can't give up my J&S. Surely someone has tried this combo. Come on guys......somebody knows somebody that has tried this.......I HOPE. Thanks.

Quick Reply: JS Jack & Mid-step