Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Probable Freewheeler purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 07:35 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Trikes are fun to ride, but I agree with the other posters on this. You can not ride a trike with one arm, sure you can cruse down a straight road with one hand on the bars for a bit but it will be very difficult to do any kind of turning at anything over parking lot speed. Also it would not be at all safe, you don't need to have a wreck and undo what you had the surgery to fix. Take the time to heal up properly and then decide how you want to proceed with riding. Best of luck to you for sure.

The following users liked this post:
cobalt07 (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 11:11 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,487 Likes on 1,600 Posts

I'll make two suggestions:

Wait until you have your surgery and then go for a test ride on a Freewheeler and then a Tri-Glide.

After that also take a test ride on a Can-AM Spyder.
I may be misinformed but I hear the Can-Am's have electric power steering.

Not trying to take a sell away from H-D (as I am a dedicated buyer) and I plan to buy a Tri-Glide myself at some time but it makes no sense to buy anything that you may not be able to ride.

I hope your surgery is successful and that you'll be able to ride and enjoy a machine that you want.

cobalt07 (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 02:06 AM
rhino 2
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I'll make two suggestions:

Wait until you have your surgery and then go for a test ride on a Freewheeler and then a Tri-Glide.

After that also take a test ride on a Can-AM Spyder.
I may be misinformed but I hear the Can-Am's have electric power steering.

Not trying to take a sell away from H-D (as I am a dedicated buyer) and I plan to buy a Tri-Glide myself at some time but it makes no sense to buy anything that you may not be able to ride.

I hope your surgery is successful and that you'll be able to ride and enjoy a machine that you want.
You are correct the Spyder does have electronic power steering....
That said if the OP Has been riding Harleys and or Bikes since the 70's he might tire of it [Spyder] real fast.. The Spyder is more like a novelty and doesn't have the feel of riding a Motorcycle..The Freewheeler/Tri Glide is the closes to riding a Motorcycle as you can get on Three Wheels...
I had a Spyder at one time...

cobalt07 (02-11-2018)