Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

stupid weather

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

What you need is a Harley Snow Machine :-)

And since you have some time on your hands, start with a Sporty and a dead snow machine, let's see what you can produce.

Last edited by Coastal CVO; 02-13-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:44 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
What you need is a Harley Snow Machine :-)

And since you have some time on your hands, start with a Sporty and a dead snow machine, let's see what you can produce.
Something like this?

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following users liked this post:
5wheels (02-14-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Something like this?

Actually, I was thinking more of a Sportster front half with a snowmobile rear track, but this is also good.
Anything that gets the OP on a bike during this cold weather so he does not get cabin fever.

:-)

Last edited by Coastal CVO; 02-14-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-17-2018, 09:54 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

It was raining here in N TX this morning. The weather forecast calls for 60* today. I will believe it when I see it. I have developed an aversion to risking my health with flu season still going strong. Especially in my 70's. I was in the ER this past week because of my blood pressure spiking. I sure as hell don't feel like going again.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:48 PM
trikerjim
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Living in Minnesota can be a challenge at times when one considers the Midwestern winters. As I can not ride yet because of the snow, cold and all of the Abominable Snowmen running around and crossing the roads like Zombies and they do not even look to the left or right at all either before crossing!
So my wife and I then had planned to do some Winter camping one weekend, but that fell by the wayside too when the evening temperature got so cold that our campfire froze!! I looked over at my wife, but I know that I won't hear what she was saying until Springtime when the sound waves from her voice will thaw out.
So then we decided to try to make some supper, but all we had was frozen pizza! It was very chewy and so tough and we couldn't use our metal cutlery because it stuck to our tongues just like a tongue on a flag pole in the movie "A Christmas Story."
Then I remembered that we had brought some soup along, but it was so cold that I chipped a tooth on it. That made my dentist very happy because all my fillings also fell out due to my constant shivering, so he got even more business out of me. And when we decided to finally leave, we needed the help of the Husky Dog Association to get the dog team started, because when we parked the sled, we had forgotten to plug the dogs in!
Strangely enough, we had a hard time moving forward until we figured out that we had to kick holes in the frozen air to just get through.
All that work made me pretty thirsty, so I decided to have a big swig of milk, but I then realized that I needed the chainsaw to cut the frozen milk up into little pieces so I could chew it.
Anyway, that is winter in Minnesota.
So stay warm or stay home until Spring time! Hopefully it will get here before July!!

The following 3 users liked this post by trikerjim:
DK Custom (02-25-2018), graygoat (02-25-2018), Muffbrorick (02-27-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 07:02 AM
hdgeo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one sad tail.
just get a long extension cord and heating blanket.
going to be 50 here in Indy today
will take Goldie out for a afternoon ride.

ride safe
geo

Old 02-25-2018, 07:32 AM
lah2420
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone have any pontoons they can loan me so I can go riding?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:43 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

life is tough all over.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:21 AM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Holy crap, Jim. I had no idea it was so bad in MN!!

Old 02-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Just got back to NW Ohio the other day; kinda ucky, high 30s and maybe the low 50s now; but we trailered the trike to Gulf Shores AL starting January 4th for four weeks of unusually cool weather there, only got in 5 or 6 trips in for 3-400 miles. We were going to head towards NOLA, but saw that the forecast looked the same for the next month on the Gulf, so instead we went over to Daytona for some riding and the Speed Weeks races! Rode almost every day, low 70s to 82 one day, about 6 or 700 miles worth. Man it was tough coming back!!! But we avoided most of the snow and zero crap. We might do one of the Keys next year for a couple of months.

Quick Reply: stupid weather