Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

A lot of rear lift kits ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 11:43 AM
zenom
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told adding this to my new 2018 would void part of the manufacturers warranty. Anyone else have experience with this?

Old 04-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by zenom
I was told adding this to my new 2018 would void part of the manufacturers warranty. Anyone else have experience with this?
Absolutely not.
Who told you this?

Old 04-16-2018, 01:33 PM
zenom
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
Absolutely not.
Who told you this?
The parts guy at my local HD dealership said that it will render the suspension portion of the warranty (if I am remembering correctly) void.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:53 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by zenom
The parts guy at my local HD dealership said that it will render the suspension portion of the warranty (if I am remembering correctly) void.
If you put the lift kit on with an after market set of shocks, MOCO wouldn't warranty those parts, but it doesn't affect any thing else. Only because those parts aren't OEM.
For anything else to be affected would require MOCO to prove those parts caused what ever else to fail.

Last edited by sloufoot; 04-17-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:03 AM
lah2420
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I had my 15 in twice for warranty on the shocks. No problem. Covered both times.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
If you put the lift kit on with an after market set of shocks, MOCO wouldn't warranty those parts, but it doesn't affect any thing else. Only because those parts aren't OEM.
For anything else to be affected would require MOCO to prove those parts caused what ever else to fail.
Exactly!

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Why wouln't a longer shock work for a lift. A longer shock would give more shock travel and it should give a smoother ride to. Seems including setting the sag you could go 2" longer with softer springs on the new shocks. Would that not make it ride smoother?? and lift too?? What em I missing ?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:48 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Why wouln't a longer shock work for a lift. A longer shock would give more shock travel and it should give a smoother ride to. Seems including setting the sag you could go 2" longer with softer springs on the new shocks. Would that not make it ride smoother?? and lift too?? What em I missing ?
You're not missing anything. Just a matter of getting a longer shock that is specifically designed for the Tri-Glide. It will both lift the rear AND make it a much more comfortable ride quality.

LINK to 14" Trike Series Shocks & Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ for the 14" shocks also changes the angle of the shock to add to the smoother ride.

LINK to Report on Rear Suspension

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-17-2018, 12:48 PM
rchays57
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Appx 100bucks vs 500-1000 bucks would be the only difference unless you ride hard.

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC

Old 04-17-2018, 01:02 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
You're not missing anything. Just a matter of getting a longer shock that is specifically designed for the Tri-Glide. It will both lift the rear AND make it a much more comfortable ride quality.

LINK to 14" Trike Series Shocks & Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ for the 14" shocks also changes the angle of the shock to add to the smoother ride.

LINK to Report on Rear Suspension
Thanks Kevin.
How come you don't have a 15"or 16" shock with no lift kit? Wouln't that much travel allow for softer springs and a smoother ride. We ride our Freewheeler solo only. I love riding hers but will not give up my King. When the time comes I to will buy a Freewheeler. I have always felt the more travel in the shock the softer the springs can be made for any vehicle. I did all the reading up on the lift kit, but in the end why wont longer shocks do the same thing and ride smoother to??
Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to understand all of this.
BTW I ordered your floor board widening kit for her Freewheeler this last Saturday from you. I have your kit on my King to, very well made.

Quick Reply: A lot of rear lift kits ?