Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Anyone order a J & S jack recently?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

I have the pneumatic jack which is a little different, I will take a pic when I get home and post up.

You might want to rotate the jack 180, I think your going to have trouble with the handle based on the pic.
Maybe

Old 04-13-2018, 02:42 PM
cschlueter
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default orientation

bottle jack is facing correctly. If it was turned around then the pressure relieve would be inside the jack not facing outside. And would not have a stud to retain the spring for the foot pedal. The gotcha is if I reverse the bottle jack it will fit the holes and the cup but no stud for the return spring and the pressure relieve is inside the jack. I for one would not put my arm in the jack with my Tri Glide on it.
According to instructions and videos it is correct orientation
My feeling is yes I could drill two holes to make it work but with the money I spent I don't think I should have to do that. I do know I was advised, five or so weeks ago, they had material issues and or with the supplier(the bottle jack)
Been calling all day and no answer. Left message and email regarding this.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:52 PM
cschlueter
Novice

I know what the problem is. I found every video i could and looked at the bottle jack. Mine bottle jack is totally different. The videos show the bottle jack being centered on its base. Mine is offset to the right( when facing the jack as if you were using it)
If you look at the picture of the bottle jack you will see it is not centered on its own base. This is causing the issue.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:21 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,604 Posts

My riding partner just got his pneumatic jack and assembled it today.

There apparently is some conflict with the written instructions vs the video and a different jack part for different model year of bikes (as I understand, might be wrong).
Some of their jacks must be pushed under the trike from the RH side and others must be done from the LH side.

My friend called J&S and he's all squared away.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:39 PM
jerbear4196
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a J&S jack for a 2 wheeler. Loved it. Traded the 2 wheeler for a Tri-Glide. Sold the J&S 2 wheeler jack. So now I'm looking for a J&S trike jack. Always stored my 2 wheeler up during the winter. Worked perfect. .

Old 04-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Assembled the PNeumatic Trike Jack this past weekend, raised the trike, works very smooth.

Pros,
Very stable
Both air and pedel operation capable

Cons,
You have to get the jack very close to the painted left fender to get it under the exhaust and into place
The relief valve to bring the bike down is in the middle of the scissor area and frankly, makes me nervous when lowering the bike.

Did I mention it's very stable

Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,085 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Love mine.. hate the Chinese made bottle jack though.My bottle jack is black not red so maybe they sourced them somewhere else now to resolve the issues they were having. Just this weekend I had the first problem after a year of use. I couldn't raise the jack beyond the second notch in the locks.. Had to remove the bottle jack, add oil, and bleed it. Works fine now.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:30 PM
cschlueter
Novice

UPDATE 4/23/2018 J&S jacks sent a new bottle jack and took the old one back- My new one looks like the ones in videos. I think they just had a supply issue and I had gotten an incorrect bottle jack.
They took care of this issue and commend them for excellent customer service! THANK YOU J & S!

ALL IS GOOD!!

Old 04-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Rod burner
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

I contacted them last week because it had been 4 weeks since I ordered mine. They responded the next day and said they had been having issues with their bottle jack supplier, but now have the problems resolved. They said they are behind on orders by one to two weeks and my jack should ship towards the end of this week. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it does, and I don’t have any issues with the jack.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:46 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by cschlueter
UPDATE 4/23/2018 J&S jacks sent a new bottle jack and took the old one back- My new one looks like the ones in videos. I think they just had a supply issue and I had gotten an incorrect bottle jack.
They took care of this issue and commend them for excellent customer service! THANK YOU J & S!

ALL IS GOOD!!
Did they ever reply to your calls and emails? I'm looking to upgrade my HF jack but the problems and lack of reponse makes me nervous about J&S

Quick Reply: Anyone order a J & S jack recently?