Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Anyone order a J & S jack recently?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 06:31 PM
cschlueter
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Well J&S jacks emailed me that the new replacement lift would go out last week, NO LIFT YET Sent two emails regarding status and no response from them
I can not believe this! I spent over $550 and still do not have a functional lift.
I am at the point now to advise prospective buyers to reconsider J&S

Old 05-08-2018, 09:51 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
Measure twice, weld once.
Originally Posted by cschlueter
Well J&S jacks emailed me that the new replacement lift would go out last week, NO LIFT YET Sent two emails regarding status and no response from them
I can not believe this! I spent over $550 and still do not have a functional lift.
I am at the point now to advise prospective buyers to reconsider J&S
Wow! I would think they would have a jig to avoid this kind of problem. Bummer.

I cannot vouch for this company, but I do know some guys using the Pitbull that are very happy with it.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

What I find interesting is, amid all of the lastest disappointed customers, J&S found it wise to send out a price increase.

I fully understand the costs in doing business, but, I also understand the costs surrounding disappointed customers as well.

The fact that they already had arguably the highest cost products generally available being a factor as well.

I received my jack, I like my jack, but, customer service was thin.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:26 AM
cschlueter
Novice
Default What I wrote to J&S today

"It is becoming apparent that you have no desire to correct the bad lift I received. It was told to me a new lift was being shipped last week but I have not heard a word from J&S. I have emailed customer service as well as Steve. If I don't have the new lift within a week I will be returning the defective lift and will expect a full refund including my return shipping charges of at least $130.00 I will also pursue contacting the Wisconsin BBB regarding this.

I ordered the lift 12/28/2017 took almost 3 months to receive. Could not assemble the bottle jack into retaining cup. J&S advised me that it was a manufacturing problem and thus will send a new lift minus the new bottle jack I received. That was three weeks ago. NO WORD FROM J&S "

Old 05-17-2018, 06:34 PM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastal CVO
What I find interesting is, amid all of the lastest disappointed customers, J&S found it wise to send out a price increase.

I fully understand the costs in doing business, but, I also understand the costs surrounding disappointed customers as well.

The fact that they already had arguably the highest cost products generally available being a factor as well.

I received my jack, I like my jack, but, customer service was thin.
One thing that may be going on is that I think the J of J&S has retired and the company may be in the hands of his kids. Sometimes, succession issues affect the viability of a company and this may be what is happening? I hope his son who was slated to take over the business gets his act together and is as responsive and funny as his father was? If not, it is likely another company that will go down the tubes. In reporting on some recent interactions with the company and my two lifts, one bottle jack was replaced under warranty and the other was sold to me. The new bottle jacks look like better models than the ones they replaced. I suspect that they bought an inferior brand that came back to bite them. I like the looks of the new ones but will have to have a season or two of flawless performance to feel comfortable with them.

Last edited by captbob; 05-17-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:01 PM
rharbick
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well gee, was gonna buy a J&S. Now I definitely am looking elsewhere. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old 05-26-2018, 08:17 AM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

have heard a few good reports on Pitbull motorcycle jacks

Old 05-31-2018, 06:32 PM
cschlueter
Novice

Well here it is 21 days later and not one FRIGGING word from J&S lifts. I have emailed them trying to get a ship date for the replacement lift. NO ANSWER. I have never in my life worked(???) with a company that has such little regard for customer service.
Three weeks ago J&S indicated a new lift would be shipped and a tracking number provided. NOPE NOTHING.

As a very pissed off retired vet I can not come close to recommending J&S products to anyone. They e had my money since 12/28/2017 and I still do not have a functional lift.
J&S you should be ashamed
J&S you need to learn customer service
J&S in marketing class they teach (101) "easier to keep a customer then to create a new one'

Old 05-31-2018, 06:39 PM
rharbick
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You might give Pitbull a call. I wrote them an email to see if they would be at the 2019 Motorcycle Expo in Atlanta and they called me to answer the question within a few days. J&S May have forgotten how to treat customers properly but Pitbull seems to still have good service.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:48 PM
cschlueter
Novice
Default J&S made it right

Just got the new lift from J&S. One delay was they are using a new bottle jack.. So some redesign was in order. ALL IS GOOD> Works as advertised