Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide owners sound off.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 07:41 PM
Teufelhunden
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Update

Wanted to update this thread and thank everyone for the input. This is what I did today..........

Got a right price on my SGS. Not what I had hoped, but inline with the market price, not a lowball. Paid full list WITHOUT shipping and set up, Got $3500 in accessories and installs for free as well as 1st service and extra headset for momma, so I'm happy with the deal.....

YMMV

Lon

Attached Thumbnails Tri Glide owners sound off.....-trike.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
cster8888 (05-06-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 PM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the trike family, Lon.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:00 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Lon, love that 115th blue colour scheme. We love happy endings, so best wishes for plenty of wonderful miles.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:43 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

I like your new ride!

Old 05-06-2018, 06:25 AM
cster8888
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool 1000% agree!

Originally Posted by Beak
The guys I ride with that are on trikes ride them because they have too. Not because they want to. If you ask any of them they would rather be on two wheels. Circumstances prevent them from operating their bikes safely as they once did. I gives them a way to enjoy doing what they loved, but its not the same. 2 Friends have a trike for riding 2 up with their wives, and a smaller Dyna and Super Glide, to ride around by themselves.
No shame riding a trike, beats watching from the side of the road, but it does take an adjustment mentally and physically.
I have rode since I was 10 years old. Now hitting 67. Can not hold up the 13 Road Glide so i am going to a 2018 Anniversary Tri Glide. I thought about hanging up my boots but i know I would miss the wind and the brotherhood. Laugh all you want, judge all you want, this old biker is still in the wind.

The following users liked this post:
CVOJOE (05-29-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 05:39 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Congrats on the new ride, Lon! Enjoy the ride.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:47 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts
Default Trike

Originally Posted by Beak
The guys I ride with that are on trikes ride them because they have too. Not because they want to. If you ask any of them they would rather be on two wheels. Circumstances prevent them from operating their bikes safely as they once did. I gives them a way to enjoy doing what they loved, but its not the same. 2 Friends have a trike for riding 2 up with their wives, and a smaller Dyna and Super Glide, to ride around by themselves.
No shame riding a trike, beats watching from the side of the road, but it does take an adjustment mentally and physically.
I kept my SGS also for my alone time , the wife only wants to ride the trike now and that’s ok with me

Old 05-07-2018, 08:28 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by cster8888
I have rode since I was 10 years old. Now hitting 67. Can not hold up the 13 Road Glide so i am going to a 2018 Anniversary Tri Glide. I thought about hanging up my boots but i know I would miss the wind and the brotherhood. Laugh all you want, judge all you want, this old biker is still in the wind.
Here in the UK our tradition, going way back, is to add a sidecar, which may be cheaper than trading for a trike. That's an alternative way ahead, although they have their own oddities to learn, just as a trike does. A friend of mine, into old cycles, had an adult sized pedal trike which I rode - just once! That darned thing preferred the kerb to the roadway, steering itself at will and on the tiniest whim......

Old 05-13-2018, 05:14 AM
Marty6
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I just purchased a 2016 tri glide with roughly 2k miles on it. It rides nice and I'll have to get use to the handling. It's a little workout and good for muscle building. The one big advantage now is the whole balance issue. Atleast now I have a peace of mind that I won't dropped the bike with the wife on board. I'm still young (52) but due to a bad wrist I needed to move to a more stable platform!

Old 05-13-2018, 08:45 AM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Marty6
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 tri glide with roughly 2k miles on it. It rides nice and I'll have to get use to the handling. It's a little workout and good for muscle building. The one big advantage now is the whole balance issue. Atleast now I have a peace of mind that I won't dropped the bike with the wife on board. I'm still young (52) but due to a bad wrist I needed to move to a more stable platform!
Congrats and welcome to the 3 world, Marty. Lots of info here and folks to help with questions. Just remember the extra width of the rear end around gas pumps, curbs, ect. Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Tri Glide owners sound off.....