Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

DK's Definitive Ride Report - Some of the Best Scenic Roads Out West - Tons of Photo's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 05:52 AM
MCHOGG
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I hope Mary and you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:20 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by BensonUK
It looks like it will be around an 8k-9k mile trip. Not a lot of miles, but certainly some of the best riding roads and most scenic views west of the Mississippi.

the understatement of the day
Can't wait to watch your trip
LOL, for how long we are going to be gone, it's not many miles...but we think they will be some really good miles!

Hope you enjoy!

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Looking forward to the pictures of the trip. Our favorite has always been Bear Tooth Pass. We were also there in June 2017. Was some beautiful riding with the tunnels of snow still remaining. There were people riding bicycle, and others Skiing just during one of our rides through one of the days.

Bear tooth pass June 2017
Fantastic pics! Yes, Beartooth is Mary's favorite road, and in my top 10. Fortunately it is between us and our granddaughter, so we get to ride it most every year. About 1/3 of the time, even in June and July, we get snowed on a bit.

Originally Posted by MCHOGG
Thank you!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-22-2018, 05:00 PM
so60
Club Member
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by MCHOGG
+1 on safe trip!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:44 PM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

Kevin, you and Mary have a safe trip! Looking forward to your ride report & pics. We are doing Yellowstone & Beartooth in early July. Can't wait either!

Old 05-22-2018, 06:33 PM
70ss
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a safe trip. How do you pack enough for that long of a trip? I can barely get enough stuff on my trike for 4 or 5 days.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:50 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Ride safe and we will see yall in a couple weeks.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Looking forward to the pictures of the trip. Our favorite has always been Bear Tooth Pass. We were also there in June 2017. Was some beautiful riding with the tunnels of snow still remaining. There were people riding bicycle, and others Skiing just during one of our rides through one of the days.

Bear tooth pass June 2017
Those pics of Bear Tooth Pass remind me of the blizzard of 1978 in IN, when we couldn't get out of our neighborhood for 2 weeks because the plows couldn't get through, and when they finally did, the snow was so deep in one spot that it scraped the mirrors on BOTH sides of our old Ford van, and I (who was nearly 6' at the time) stood on the roof to reach up as far as I could to touch the top of the snow on the sides. Something I will NEVER forget!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Thanks for the invite...this trip we are not making it in to NM. We will be spending a day in Ouray, CO. PM me if that is a place you would like to ride to.
I think Ouray would be about 5.5 hours, one way, so a bit far for a "day trip" or after work. Maybe next time you're over this way. Hope you have a safe and memorable trip, with lots of fun!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:39 AM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,086 Likes on 3,325 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Mary and I have ants in our pants to get out on the road! lol

We just finished test packing....it's been two years since we've been on a long trip, so I wanted to make sure we were good.

Oh, here's a photo of the new Comfortred rear tires we're running. Got about 600 miles on them and they feel good, been in some light rain, we're sure to hit some heavy rain on this trip, maybe some snow, so we'll see how they do.

So, here is most of the stuff we are taking...a few small odds and ends not in the pile.

It all fits, with quite a bit of room left over...

...only thing on the rack is the cooler.

Short day at the shop tomorrow, then Wednesday morning we hit the road til the first week of July!

Plenty of pics coming.
Have a great trip !!!!

Old 05-23-2018, 10:18 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by so60
+1 on safe trip!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by graygoat
Kevin, you and Mary have a safe trip! Looking forward to your ride report & pics. We are doing Yellowstone & Beartooth in early July. Can't wait either!
Thank you. Hope you have a lot of fun on your trip!!!

Originally Posted by 70ss
Have a safe trip. How do you pack enough for that long of a trip? I can barely get enough stuff on my trike for 4 or 5 days.
Carefully. lol Will show a breakdown sometime in the next week or so. The trunk, Tour-Pak and TP rack hold quite a bit. Probably one of the main things that lets us fit so much is the use of various size stuff sacks.

Originally Posted by COFLHTK
Ride safe and we will see yall in a couple weeks.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
Those pics of Bear Tooth Pass remind me of the blizzard of 1978 in IN, when we couldn't get out of our neighborhood for 2 weeks because the plows couldn't get through, and when they finally did, the snow was so deep in one spot that it scraped the mirrors on BOTH sides of our old Ford van, and I (who was nearly 6' at the time) stood on the roof to reach up as far as I could to touch the top of the snow on the sides. Something I will NEVER forget!
That's crazy!

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
I think Ouray would be about 5.5 hours, one way, so a bit far for a "day trip" or after work. Maybe next time you're over this way. Hope you have a safe and memorable trip, with lots of fun!
Thank you...look forward to it.

Originally Posted by stixvrad
Have a great trip !!!!
Thank you!

Quick Reply: DK's Definitive Ride Report - Some of the Best Scenic Roads Out West - Tons of Photo's