Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Trailering 14 limited and trike

Old 06-17-2018, 01:38 PM
jjlw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trailering 14 limited and trike

Buying a 7x14 or 7x16 enclosed trailer to haul my 14 limited. Would haul a 10 tri-glide on occasion with the 14 limited.
Looking for input from anyone who has done this.
Maybe back the trike in first, then pull the limited in and a little off center of the trike??
Thinking the 14 foot trailer would be better for one bike with room for luggage, etc. Going to put e-track and condors or biker bars for chalks.
Looking for any input and set ups from people that have done this.
Thanks

Old 06-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Ride them?

Old 06-17-2018, 03:57 PM
jjlw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
Ride them?
<br /><br />Kingglide549, I see from your profile that you are a veteran. I thank your for your service to our country. I am forever in debt to you and the men and women that have fought and paid the ultimate price for our everyday freedoms in this great country. I assume you are still in good enough shape to ride long distances without any pain or discomfort?? If you are, you should be thankful for that.<br />For everyones information, some of us are not physically able to ride long distances. Some people have arthritis, shoulder, back or knee problems or other physical limitations that prevent long distance riding.<br />I really debated about asking for advice or input on this subject because of the negative comments about trailering, not riding everywhere. All I wanted to know is what has worked for others.<br />Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Killa (06-18-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Kingglide549
Banned

Truly i am talking to all the young crowd.
Or the crowd that just want to pretend they like bikes.
If you have ever gone to Sturgis.......Yoy have seen 1/2 the shet is towed in!.
This is some kind of sacrilege.
I go through about 12 aspirin a day on longer rides, not totally incapacitated.
Parkins affects balance at stops. wobble wobble...LOL

Old 06-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I for one can’t ride that far before I get in pain...Ulcerative Colitis with Diabetes so side effects are Arthritis and bad circulation... I trailer.. I would buy a 2 axle if over 10’ long with good radial tires. Trailer brake for sure if pulling 2 bikes...When I retire I might try riding longer distances with better breaks in between...
i have done the 700 miles per day and I don’t have to prove anything to anyone anymore...Q have a 07 FLHTC with 99000 miles on it all by me. That’s more than a lot of people that are in way better shape than I am.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:21 PM
Kingglide549
Banned

i think you guys can figure what i am talkin about?
The ones that trailer everywhere and cant really discuss anything about a Harley besides ....wax.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:24 AM
graygoat
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 187 Posts

OP, I don't have experience for what you are asking but I have a couple thoughts you might consider. I have a Tri and use a 6x10 v-nose enclosed trailer. The Tri fits but is tight, but it is what I have so I live with it. My first thought is the Tri reverse is not all that strong, works on the level but the concern is backing up the ramp. It will do it but will probably wear the reverse out much faster. You mentioned the condor chock or biker bar and it might be difficult to back the trike around/through the floor mounts for them. The 7 ft width would be the minimum IMHO.

Maybe set up to put the bike in first at as much of an angle as you can and then ride the trike in? Might be best if you can find someone with a used trailer that you can do some trial loadings in. That would give you a pretty good idea of what size trailer you would need to buy, before you spend any money. Best of luck to you.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:09 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
Truly i am talking to all the young crowd.
Or the crowd that just want to pretend they like bikes.
If you have ever gone to Sturgis.......Yoy have seen 1/2 the shet is towed in!.
This is some kind of sacrilege.
I go through about 12 aspirin a day on longer rides, not totally incapacitated.
Parkins affects balance at stops. wobble wobble...LOL
There's another reason for trailering which is sometimes, it's not about the ride but about the destination. Why should we ride to Sturgis on boring Interstates with my wife behind, which would take us 3 exhausting days (6 days roundtrip), when we could trailer, take turns at the wheel, and be there in less than 2 days?

Old 06-18-2018, 02:09 PM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Or maybe wife doesn't ride due too accident. Trailer allows me to trailer to a destination spend a few days with family and a few days riding.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:09 PM
Kingglide549
Banned

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
There's another reason for trailering which is sometimes, it's not about the ride but about the destination. Why should we ride to Sturgis on boring Interstates with my wife behind, which would take us 3 exhausting days (6 days roundtrip), when we could trailer, take turns at the wheel, and be there in less than 2 days?
Because you dont like the ride?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trailering 14 limited and trike