Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Brake pedal adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 10:43 AM
broncobob
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake pedal adjustment?

is their an adjustment that can be made to allow the brake pedal to be adjusted lower. Somebody said to just slide your foot over without lifting it up from the floorboard. That doesn’t work for me, even though I have a size 12 boot. If I could just drop the pedal down about one inch it would make a world of difference. Looking for suggestions!

Old 07-19-2018, 01:42 PM
sfchief
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No adjustment on stock brake pedal. Soft Brake, http://softbrake.com/brake-levers-accessories/ makes a great replacement for the stock one. Works great on my RG and wife's TG.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:12 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

I am not looking at it but I think the brake is on a splined shaft and therefore you should be able to loosen the locking bolt, slide it off and slide it back on one notch back. I did something similar to my 2000 FXSTS.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:34 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by broncobob
is their an adjustment that can be made to allow the brake pedal to be adjusted lower. Somebody said to just slide your foot over without lifting it up from the floorboard. That doesn’t work for me, even though I have a size 12 boot. If I could just drop the pedal down about one inch it would make a world of difference. Looking for suggestions!
Originally Posted by SpringerRider
I am not looking at it but I think the brake is on a splined shaft and therefore you should be able to loosen the locking bolt, slide it off and slide it back on one notch back. I did something similar to my 2000 FXSTS.

There is no adjustment for the brake pedal, via a splined shaft or otherwise.

I use a different brake pedal arm, it is extended and lower, resulting in a Much more comfortable position for using the rear brakes...gives more room for the boot on the floorboard also.

LINK to more details and photos.

Here a pic of my TG.

Here's a pic showing the difference between the factory position and the position with the Extended and lowered arm.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com