Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2018 Tri-Glide discounts?

Old 07-21-2018, 07:57 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,588 Posts
Default 2018 Tri-Glide discounts?

With the '18 model year rapidly coming to an end has anyone seen any good discounts on Tri-Glides?

I've noticed that a couple of dealers in my area seem to have had the same trikes on the sales floor for a while but no aren't promoting any great sale prices?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:47 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

I bought my 2016 at the end of the model year and did get a discount. The key was that the 2017's were already introduced with the new engine etc so they were looking to unload the 2016.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Our Local Dealer seems to have no trouble turning T/G's, no deals here.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:06 AM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Completely off topic but I did run across this 68, yes 68 thousand dollar Tri Glide at Black Hills HD (Rapid City SD) a couple of weeks ago while on vacation. I'm sure they'll come down some on that price ;-). They also had the largest selection of new and used TG's I've ever seen at one dealer. Must have had a hundred in stock.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:12 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,588 Posts

One of local dealers, earlier this year had some new (and used '17's) on the floor and there was practically no difference in prices between them and the '18's
Probably little mechanical differences between the two models but one a person buys the older model it looses a lot of value even though the warranty is still the same (and I'd buy the ESP) so I'd have to have some incentive to buy a previous year model instead of the current.

I'll keep looking and waiting for the opportune time and deal and perhaps that may be a good trade-in price for my current bike but my wife wants me to keep it AND get the Tri-Glide!! Tempting, but with insurance rates being so high here in Michigan, I'm not sure I want to do that.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:52 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by HogglyWoggly
Completely off topic but I did run across this 68, yes 68 thousand dollar Tri Glide at Black Hills HD (Rapid City SD) a couple of weeks ago while on vacation. I'm sure they'll come down some on that price ;-). They also had the largest selection of new and used TG's I've ever seen at one dealer. Must have had a hundred in stock.

A person might consider around $28K on that one ! You will need the rest to put the chrome back on !
Some people like a featureless look like it was just dipped in a tub of tar. Sorry not me !

Old 07-24-2018, 06:25 AM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by HogglyWoggly

Think if I had went that far I would have put black rims on it also.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:00 AM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

My dealer says Trikes are off the the day they come in. It is a sign that baby-boomers are getting old. Trikes are great for those that have hip/knee/balance issues.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

My Dealer in Henderson, NV can't keep a 2018 on the floor, but has 3 used for sale

Old 07-24-2018, 03:38 PM
MarkinMO
Tourer
Received 191 Likes on 82 Posts

At least here in my neck of the woods, the dealers all talk about "allocations." They will tell you there will only be "X" number of Tri Glides coming in for the next year, and their allocations are based on sales. I don't know how much truth there is to all that, but that's their story, and they're sticking to it. That being said, they treat their trikes like gold. I went the other route, and bought a used 2018 TG. Only had 1,089 miles on it, and the previous owner ate the depreciation. The dealer had done the 1,000 mile service, plus the original owner had done some upgrades. Saved thousands, and got a TG that is "new" to me!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Tri-Glide discounts?