Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Voice & GPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:13 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Voice & GPS

I am not a radio person, all my vehicles have the radio off.
My music is late 50's and 60's. Cant stand that sh--- they put out today.

Is there a way to turn radio to O position and still be able to hear the GPS?

Thanks

Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

Pretty sure the answer is yes, in settings, check your notifications audio settings.

Perhaps others no exactly how it is done and will chime in. If not, I'll get back to you after I play with it.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Get the XM module and listen to what you want, mine mostly stays on 60’s on 6

Old 08-08-2018, 07:13 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

I know what you mean Pandora is what I listen to , this modern music isn’t for me neither

Old 08-09-2018, 05:57 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I used to be a DJ so I have a ton of music and put what I want on a Flsahdrive. I have some FD's with 3000 songs.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 AM
5wheels
Road Master
Received 409 Likes on 266 Posts

I listen to Contemporary Christian so I sometimes have trouble getting a station I care for. A lot of people use a flash drive or their phone, have a old iTunes I use sometimes. If you have a Rushmore Trike you can adjust volume on each function. Go to the home screen select setup > volume setup > select which volume you wish to control, i.e. speaker volume, rider headset, passenger headset > which function. You can control each individually . Just turn the tuner all the way down and adjust prompts and comm. where you what them. Know that after you back out the volume control will default back to the function you are using at the time and that will probably be the radio even if it is turn all the way down. Hope this helps, may be a better way as well.

Last edited by 5wheels; 08-09-2018 at 07:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chamokie (08-09-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 08:11 AM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by 5wheels
I listen to Contemporary Christian so I sometimes have trouble getting a station I care for. A lot of people use a flash drive or their phone, have a old iTunes I use sometimes. If you have a Rushmore Trike you can adjust volume on each function. Go to the home screen select setup > volume setup > select which volume you wish to control, i.e. speaker volume, rider headset, passenger headset > which function. You can control each individually . Just turn the tuner all the way down and adjust prompts and comm. where you what them. Know that after you back out the volume control will default back to the function you are using at the time and that will probably be the radio even if it is turn all the way down. Hope this helps, may be a better way as well.
Thank you I will give it a try

Old 08-09-2018, 09:11 AM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

During GPS announcements, brief as they are, you can raise or lower it's volume on the fly without affecting anything else. So if it's not quite loud enough or too loud from the settings, you can tweak it then. But it is kind of hard, if you miss it you end up changing the audio level. You have to do it with one or two quick pushes up or down until the next time. So if it was too low the last time, get ready to hit the button at the two mile mark from your exit and adjust it then.

That USB stick with music on it works great. Or you can use an SD card with a USB adapter. We've got over a thousand songs we like on one, and at a minimum of about 3 minutes each, that's good for somewhere at least 50 hours. Heh, at 50mph average that's 2500 miles between repeats, ideally! With it on shuffle you might hear a song or two twice in a day's ride. Our mix is classic rock, early rock, blues, Motown and a little light jazz. Oh, and if the mood strikes, there's a playlist with 40 or so songs that have a cowbell in there somewhere, don't ask.