Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Just bought a '19 Tri-Glide!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:21 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
I really hate to sell the SG. It's very special to me. But my knees are not as strong as they used to be and I'm not comfortable riding 2-up anymore. I figured it was time to trike. I'm also looking at some used bikes like 70s Triumphs and Nortons for banging around town.
Izzo, what I found with the trike it is safer around town because people tend to see larger vehicles. Also the extra storage space on the trike is nice when you buy things you shouldn't while on a motorcycle ! LOL !
After you become used to the trike it really isn't much of a problem around town.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:42 AM
Gone Bush
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done.

I've ordered exactly the same colour combo from my Dealer down here in Perth in Western Australia.

I get it either just before (unlikely) or just after (more likely) Christmas.

Traded my 2015 Ultra Limited (first of the Rushmores).

I can't wait.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:02 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Good on ya, mate. Mind if I ask what a Triglide costs in Oz these days? I paid about 40K for my new 2019.

I'm heading for Oz in March. It will be my 3rd trip down under. I'll be on the east coast though, Sydney and up to the Great Barrier Reef. Someday I'd like to see Perth.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:39 PM
Gone Bush
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good on ya, mate. Mind if I ask what a Triglide costs in Oz these days? I paid about 40K for my new 2019.

I'm heading for Oz in March. It will be my 3rd trip down under. I'll be on the east coast though, Sydney and up to the Great Barrier Reef. Someday I'd like to see Perth.

The price is very scary.

In Aussie dollars it's $56,000.

If you want to whet your appetite for a visit to Oz, have a look through my Blog. Click on the link in my signature below. There are quite a few stories on our trips to Queensland.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

I've wanted to see Australia most of my life, especially after serving in a mixed American Australian combat unit, found out what great guys Aussies can be. I've had invitations to visit, but never found the time. Now that I'm retired, have another problem; I can't sit in cramped coach class aircraft seats much over an hour before I get intense knee pain. I have a retired airline employee discount, but first class is seldom if ever available for that, and full price... kind of out of my budget. Still high on my bucket list, though.

Stephen, good blog. Wow, you've traveled a lot.

The following users liked this post:
Gone Bush (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 11:05 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

I'm surprised it's that low. When I was in Sydney in 2007, I priced a basic Softail and it was around $35K Aussie. That was nearly twice the price as the US. T-Shirts started at $40, lol.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Don... What modifications have you done since purchasing?

Hummmm That makes three site staff members with TG's

Old 12-18-2018, 07:04 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Not much. Sending the seat and passenger backrest to Mean City Cycles for customization. Had them install the rear bumper. Bought the Tour Pack rack but it's too cold to work on the bike. Oh yeah, a new windshield from Long Ride Shields.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Not much. Sending the seat and passenger backrest to Mean City Cycles for customization. Had them install the rear bumper. Bought the Tour Pack rack but it's too cold to work on the bike. Oh yeah, a new windshield from Long Ride Shields.
Allen will do a great job on the seat. Take it from me... get the 2 up handle bars and lift kit then do it yourself over the winter. Makes a huge difference. Let me know if you need a hand in tuning her. I talked Terry into doing the same... he loved the change.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:28 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

2up handlebars? From where?

Quick Reply: Just bought a '19 Tri-Glide!