Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

The wifes Christmas present.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:37 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by santajim
Consider the DK Custom comfort lift kit, Raises the rear 1.5" and makes the steering much easier.
I've seen that kit. And question the impact on the geometry of the bike. It's set for that take and trail with a stabilizer does this change anything that could cause a wobble in the front end? And the freewheeler is a lot lighter. Does it need it?

Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
I've seen that kit. And question the impact on the geometry of the bike. It's set for that take and trail with a stabilizer does this change anything that could cause a wobble in the front end? And the freewheeler is a lot lighter. Does it need it?
As far as the geometry of the lift, I spent most of my life as a Brake and Front End Mechanic and absolutely questioned the fact that lifting the back would put more weight on the front and in doing so would actually make it harder to steer, so I argued that point. When I bought my Trike I rode it stock then rode my buddies with the lift kit and could not believe the difference.
I put the kit on my Trike and the rest is history as far as that is concerned. The other item for me personally was the bars, I am short heave with short arms, My neck and shoulders were always tired and sore after a ride so I went with taller bars, for me it is the KST Six Benders at the 12" height( I first went with the Khromewerks 12" wide sweepers but the aren't a true 12" rise the way they are curved so I went with the KST bars) I really like the way my Trike is set up now I can ride all day and not be fatigued at the end. I also have the Road Zeppelin seat and Pro action shocks so it's comfortable to ride.
The reason I mention these things is it takes more effort to ride a Trike than a 2 wheeler because you have to steer it instead of leaning so anything you can do to make it easier to ride is a plus.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (01-01-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 11:15 AM
JTimes
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

"It was traded in by the son of the original owner who passed away from Agent Orange disease from Vietnam. I want to find out his branch and put a medallion in the trunk in his memory. Word is he loved this trike."

I love that you are wanting to put a medallion in her trunk in his honor. Being the wife of a Vietnam Veteran who served three tours and is fighting cancer as the result of Agent Orange, I am touched that you will be doing this.

Regarding her Freewheeler, she is going to have so much fun on it! I went from a Sportster Superlow to my Free and have not regretted it one single moment. I love riding it and having the third wheel is great, plus having reverse is icing on the cake

Last edited by JTimes; 12-31-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by RFG
Great Christmas gift! She certainly looks Very happy!

It does not need a Convertible Comfort Lift™, but it will be a more comfortable ride and it will steer easier with it. Also, the front tire will have a bit more traction for braking.

Here is a LINK with the technical information on how/why a Comfort Lift™ works to provide an improvement.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com