Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Freewheeler Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:46 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

I considered it. But I think the body and the mounting points wont hold up in the long run from the weight. I have an extra sissy bar and have a chopped tourpak from my RGS. I'd bet the body will crack or the mounts will separate from the body at some point. Maybe not right away. But I opted not to.

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Softy (03-29-2021)
Old 11-18-2020, 07:54 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 565 Likes on 409 Posts

I've seen a guy on the way to work a couple of times riding a Free Wheeler and he has
a small Fleebay Tour Pak mounted on top of his trunk. He flies by me so fast I can't see how it is installed. A rack mounted on a trailer hitch sounds like a way to get more luggage space for traveling.

Old 11-21-2020, 04:56 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,133 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I've seen a guy on the way to work a couple of times riding a Free Wheeler and he has
a small Fleebay Tour Pak mounted on top of his trunk. He flies by me so fast I can't see how it is installed. A rack mounted on a trailer hitch sounds like a way to get more luggage space for traveling.
He might have the tourpak just bolted to the trunk lid. Use the bolt points normally used for the luggage rack.

Only problem is everything in the tourpack gets tipped on it's side when you open the trunk.

Old 11-22-2020, 01:09 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,549 Posts

I would bet after installing the tourpak you won't be in the trunk much anyway.

Old 11-24-2020, 05:12 AM
priell3
Road Master
Received 1,800 Likes on 481 Posts

This is what I put on my wife's Freewheeler. Easy on/off. Expandable. Got a deal on Ebay. I have another bag that fits nicely inside the trunk.

Old 03-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Marvin Davis Maddog
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tour pac,

Originally Posted by ord sgt
I have not seen anything. By the design of the trunk lid, there is no way to put any attachment above the lid. This would interfere with the way the lid opens.. The best option is to install the air wing luggage rack to the top of the trunk lid. Even with the luggage rack, H-D limits the amount of weight that you can carry on the lid.
tour pack on freewheeler

It works fine the hinges work fine

Old 03-27-2021, 05:26 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,083 Likes on 3,485 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvin Davis Maddog
tour pack on freewheeler

Someone is going to regret that mounting !! The posts don't provide enough support area and will either brake the lid or the tour pac or both. Take a look at a Trike that has a tour pac like a TriGlide and you will see how to mount the tour pac !!

They use a bracket or plate that spreads the contact area over several square inches of the trunk, and also on the tour pac the same thing !

NOT a good mounting at all !!

The TriGlide trunk has ribs built in that stiffen the area to keep from flexing also. The Freewheeler trunk lid can also move and not support like it should,

Think about how much side torque would be exerted on those little posts when the wife gets tired and stretches her legs and leans back against that backrest !! Or you happen to hit a bad bump that throws her whole body weight against the backrest for even just an instant............$$$$$ !

Last edited by sloufoot; 03-27-2021 at 05:41 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by sloufoot:
Clint44 (03-27-2021), Mr.Softy (03-29-2021), RFG7680 (04-07-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 06:08 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 389 Likes on 255 Posts

Man, if it was me I'd reinforce that lid. Maybe where those posts go through, fiberglass or JB Weld some fender washers to the bottom for the bolts to go up through. But I overdo everything. At least those posts are pretty big around, more surface area to spread the stress out.

I suppose it's near the capacity of Tri Glide for trips,but still goes back to being the sportier Freewheeler the rest of the time if you take that off put some chrome plugs in the holes. Plus if the hole pattern is the same, you could take the rack off of the tour pack and put it on the lid.

Last edited by Oogie Wa Wa; 03-27-2021 at 06:10 PM. Reason: idea
Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 PM
Texcuda
Tourer

Received 129 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvin Davis Maddog
tour pack on freewheeler

Take a pic of the inside of the trunk lid please. I'd like to see how you attached the posts to the trunk lid (or lack thereof).

Old 04-28-2021, 02:06 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 565 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
I saw this guy yesterday. Looks like the Tour Pak is mounted on a luggage rack. It bounces up/down when he's going down the road. I wonder how long the lid will last on his Free before it cracks?

Quick Reply: Freewheeler Tour Pack