Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the reverse engaged ( finger on button ) and hit the brake, you will kick the circuit breaker.

The following 2 users liked this post by oldmsocko:
boutier2002 (11-25-2019), Marks628 (08-22-2017)
Old 05-25-2009, 05:47 PM
dutch47
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
If you have the reverse engaged ( finger on button ) and hit the brake, you will kick the circuit breaker.
Thanks for your help...much appreciated

Old 05-25-2009, 07:47 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dutch47
Thanks for your help...much appreciated
Dutch,

Congratulations on your new TG and welcome to the forum; it’s a great place to share your experiences; good and bad. You will learn that there are some quirks with the Gen. 1 TG but it is a great vehicle!

Did you check the “Reverse” circuit breaker to see if that is the reason your TG is not reversing?

Jim

Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Finding Neutral?

Anyone else have problems getting their TG in neutral? Twice today on a
200+ ride, dang trike wouldn't start unless in neutral. Had to have someone push me forward and backward and then work the shifter by hand....but neutral light didn't come on, trike started.

Read awhile back that the TG won't start unless in neutral...sometimes mine does, sometimes it doesn't

Old 05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spudster
Anyone else have problems getting their TG in neutral? Twice today on a
200+ ride, dang trike wouldn't start unless in neutral. Had to have someone push me forward and backward and then work the shifter by hand....but neutral light didn't come on, trike started.

Read awhile back that the TG won't start unless in neutral...sometimes mine does, sometimes it doesn't
Barbra,

Your Tri-Glide does NOT have to be neutral to start; it will start in any gear as long as the clutch is depressed!

I had a difficult time fining neutral until I put a 1,000 mile on and now it not only shifts smother but neutral is much easier to find.

Jim

Old 05-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Same thing as TheJimer, neutral became easier to find when I got over 1000 miles on the trike and also after hubby adjusted my clutch. I use the rear shifter and ever so lightly feather it into neutral by tapping with the heal of my boot. My trike starts in any gear as long as the clutch is engaged.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 AM
tririder
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake problems???

I took my Triglide on a 800 mile trip this weekend and had a blast!
I absolutely love my Triglide in spite of the bugs.....
But, the parking brake is not working at all.....if I put it in neutral and set the brake I can still push it around by hand. Then, when I rode next to my husband, he said he could hear my rear brake squealing on the same side as the parking brake when I use the rear brake.
Has anyone had this as a warranty issue? I have only 4500 miles on mine and can't imagine that I have worn out all of the brakes by now??

Old 05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master

Tririder,
Same thing with my tg.....rear brake was squealing when we were in Daytona, so took it to the dealer down there. They said that it was OK to drive, but would need a brake pad and they didn't have the part for it. The squealing stopped though, so will have it looked at on the 5000 mile service. I can push my bike around too with the parking break on, but I also rode with it on by mistake once, so it probably needs adjustment. Hubby says it's easy to do, just turn the **** until it is tight again??? Question mark because I'm not sure that is exactly what you do. Maybe some of these guys know. I just keep mine in gear when parking right now, plus use the parking break if on an incline. So far, it hasn't budged. Are we having fun yet? At least we all have the same issues! Seems to be no surprises there.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:33 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My parking brake is working as advertised. When I apply it, if put into neutral I cannot move it.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
triglide1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tririder
I took my Triglide on a 800 mile trip this weekend and had a blast!
I absolutely love my Triglide in spite of the bugs.....
But, the parking brake is not working at all.....if I put it in neutral and set the brake I can still push it around by hand. Then, when I rode next to my husband, he said he could hear my rear brake squealing on the same side as the parking brake when I use the rear brake.
Has anyone had this as a warranty issue? I have only 4500 miles on mine and can't imagine that I have worn out all of the brakes by now??
My parking brake quit working at about 300 miles. The screw came out of the parking brake handle. My dealer replaced the entire parking brake assembly in warranty.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues