Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 09:02 PM
sullyj020
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That's another reason why HD Sales are going down. No support from the Dealer, it would be good if you posted the Dealers name. We don't need to take business to a dealer like that. Good luck with getting your issue resolved.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Coastal CVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 471 Likes on 278 Posts

H-D has a tendency to decline claims, that said, I spent over a year attempting to get them to correct an issue with my CVO, it led to several court hearings which they didn't show up for, a settlement awarded that got their attention, a mediation that they finally showed up for, a smart *** young attorney who made statements he was not able to back up, in the end, after he watched the video, he wrote me a settlement check.

In the process, I looked at their record of claims and settlements, they will fight to the end even when they know they are wrong, they expect people to give up.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:05 PM
NiteRambla
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New member here. Have a TG 2018 Just getting to know the beast !!

Old 04-05-2018, 10:24 AM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bob
I have a 16 just like you and other than a leaking rear shock when new, have not had a problem.
That is what I am seeing. I am losing about 8 PSI a week.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:53 PM
rharbick
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Finished changing out the stock Harley crap lights for Phase 7 (Truck Light) Headlight and Passing Lights, all the signals are LED, and as much chrome as I can steal, beg or buy.

Listen to my baby sing the song of her people (and blow your eardrum out at the same time)!

Ok, been a while everyone. About the first week of March HD finally got off their collective Flushing Thrones and told my dealer to replace the Water Pump. Well guess what, that was the problem just like my dealer and I had been saying all along. Trike has been running great since then. I’ve looked at selling it since it;s been fixed but find it impossible since my bank still holds the note on it. So, I’m riding the **** out of her, modding the hell out of her, and if she needs TLC I take her to HD of Atlanta (ONLY!!!)! I see where HD decided to put the Oil Coolers back on the 2018 models (gee - no ****

Last edited by rharbick; 06-27-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Geary Thomas
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rharbick

Finished changing out the stock Harley crap lights for Phase 7 (Truck Light) Headlight and Passing Lights, all the signals are LED, and as much chrome as I can steal, beg or buy.

Listen to my baby sing the song of her people (and blow your eardrum out at the same time)!

Ok, been a while everyone. About the first week of March HD finally got off their collective Flushing Thrones and told my dealer to replace the Water Pump. Well guess what, that was the problem just like my dealer and I had been saying all along. Trike has been running great since then. I’ve looked at selling it since it;s been fixed but find it impossible since my bank still holds the note on it. So, I’m riding the **** out of her, modding the hell out of her, and if she needs TLC I take her to HD of Atlanta (ONLY!!!)! I see where HD decided to put the Oil Coolers back on the 2018 models (gee - no ****
gotta ask.. where did ya get the horns ??

Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

They look like Howards Horns. Are they?

Old 08-06-2018, 03:31 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rharbick
I see where HD decided to put the Oil Coolers back on the 2018 models (gee - no ****
did they keep the water cooled heads?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 PM
MrMikeFish
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

At about 12K I got the engine and cooling ID-10-T lights. Local dealer replaced the water pump. At about 54.5K.....same issue. Dealer replaced. rode 40 miles home and the following morning…...ID-10-T lights. Replaced under part warrantee BUT said labor wasn't covered. "If the part held up for more than 50 miles, I wouldn't be having this discussion." Dealer ate the labor.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:46 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMikeFish
At about 12K I got the engine and cooling ID-10-T lights. Local dealer replaced the water pump. At about 54.5K.....same issue. Dealer replaced. rode 40 miles home and the following morning…...ID-10-T lights. Replaced under part warrantee BUT said labor wasn't covered. "If the part held up for more than 50 miles, I wouldn't be having this discussion." Dealer ate the labor.
When did they start that crap ? My dealer has always covered labor on warranty work !

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues